RUFF CYCLES CONTEST - WIN $1111 & A FRAME

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
Yeah...I don't think this is geared towards the impulse buyer, but for someone who has already considered purchasing one of their frames.

Agreed 100%, I get these silly ideas on occasion, then get too wrapped up in them... the ideas I have would be best served on a frame I build, nothing to gain or loose other than some metal... than to crawl before you can walk.

Best of luck to those that do enter with one of these frames, I'll be watching from the sidelines :)

Rich

Tibor said:
The frames Never were of will be Chinese made... They are Build in the European Union, in slovenia... By a Company normaly Building Steel Constructions for Even bigger companys...

Interesting. I could tell from Ruff's site that they weren't German-made, so I assumed Taiwan or China. Slovenia, though... I bet China has bigger accounts with bigger companies than the Slovenians do. Ha. I guess that's one way to keep the price down;p German-made would probably cost twice as much.

I think that the ruff frames are a great addition to the US custom bike market. These give people the opportunity to have a super cool bikes with cool frame. They are definitely not for everyone nor are most strech bikes.

Most of the people on here that build hand build frames would have to charge over 500 bucks just to break even. If you were going to do a one off you would need spend more than that to get the tools to do so.

I guess all I'm saying is that rather than talking about where they are built or if they are good or bad. We should be encouraging people to join the hobby. This hobby is growing rapidly with people from all different back grounds and walks of life.

I agree with what you're saying, except that I do think that "made in _______" is very important. I have components from all over the world; i'm not a snob. I tend to buy American when I can, but I have Chinese, Czech, Taiwanese, Brit, Austrian, and (lots) of Japanese stuff. NBD, but I think if you're gonna try to rep Deutschland while promoting your product line, you ought to be producing at least some of it in Germany.

I agree that we ought to be welcoming ppl to cycling, and I think the Ruff frames appear to be good examples of off-the-shelf production (not custom!) stretch frames. The Slovenians should be proud. (you can't spell "Slovenia" without "love")

MIGZ said:
I think that the ruff frames are a great addition to the US custom bike market. These give people the opportunity to have a super cool bikes with cool frame. They are definitely not for everyone nor are most strech bikes.

Most of the people on here that build hand build frames would have to charge over 500 bucks just to break even. If you were going to do a one off you would need spend more than that to get the tools to do so.

I guess all I'm saying is that rather than talking about where they are built or if they are good or bad. We should be encouraging people to join the hobby. This hobby is growing rapidly with people from all different back grounds and walks of life.

Latest posts

Back