I COULDN'T RESIST...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Well, I went out in the garage this evening to see how a seat would look on this Felt frame set that I had and I ended up building the whole dang bike. :shock:

A few weeks ago I had plans to use this set up as my build off bike, but then I decided that I didn't want my project to be a newer bike...I've got another frame on hand that I plan to use.

Since I jumped ship on the Dean build, I decided to use the extra parts to build this Felt up...and I'm definitely glad I did.

The white color looks pretty good as is, but I plan to paint the frame with red primer and then create some custom orange RRB vinyl graphics for it.

Rode it around this evening and it's one sweet bike. Very lightweight and the 3 speed Nexus is really nice on this bike.

Here's the parts breakdown...

- Felt Frame (used from FB follower)
- Felt Abraham Linkage Fork (Motostrano)
- NOS Electra Rat Fink Wheels (Purchased from RRB Member)
- Felt Quick Brick Tires (Motostrano)
- Porkchop BMX DiaCompe Cranks
- Sealed BB (Porkchop BMX)
- Porkchop BMX Chop Saw Chainring
- Chain (Porkchop BMX)
- Welgo Platform Pedals (Porkchop BMX)
- Gyes Leather Saddle (Ebay)

(click images for full-sized versions)

felt1.jpg

felt4.jpg

felt3.jpg

felt6.jpg

felt5.jpg

felt2.jpg

dsc0044bu.jpg

felt7.jpg

felt9.jpg

felt10.jpg

felt8.jpg

Keep it white and name it
"DREAMSYCLE"

Funny story...

The weather here was awesome this evening....upper 60s, sunny, light breeze.

I took it out for the first ride around the block and rode past these three 12 year old boys. One of them was the spittin' image of that fat kid on Goonies. :shock:

He says..."Hey...I really like your ride...uhhhh, yeah, what year is that thing...a 2002?" :lol:

I said, "I built it up from parts." He said..."Oh wow, you built that thing!... it looks really fast...I like those cranks."

I could tell he wanted to keep talking, but his friends kept walking and he took off huffin' and puffin' to catch them. :lol:

Look, someone took a photo!

600full-the-goonies-screenshot.jpg

What you can appreciate with this bike is the weight.

After goofing around with that Beast...this thing feels like a feather. :lol:

Rat Rod said:
ponyboy said:
Are those WW painted on the tires? Just wondering.

Nah...they just look goofy because this batch from Felt apparently had the white walls a bit messed up. :roll:

I don't think I've ever seen a set that were perfectly round, had two pairs of the older versions and they are the same way,

what bars are those? I have the same fork on my chief and really like the way those bars look with the frame and fork.

I am LOVIN' this.
(And personally, I'd keep it white - looks awesome as is!) :wink:

Latest posts

Back