Rat Rod Furniture / Home Decor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did at one time but they would go stale after a while so like in the wizard I put frost ball christmas lights in it In the smaller ones I usually put marbles in them.

What can I say I got bored so I customized my lamp shade.
927529FD-9FA7-4C24-9674-E89C2B17766D-708-000003AF72BCF372_zps9d0f0f67.jpg

50D23BD6-F0DB-4931-8AD0-4B6536BC689D-708-000003AF76957924_zps871a2901.jpg

The wife spends too much time in Pinterest=projects for me.

Here is an old curve front dresser I turned into an entertainment center.

null_zpsfa747928.jpg

fixed1313 said:
The piano re-purpose, more trouble than it was worth...

I think it looks great............. I hate the thought of my TV being the focal point of the room and that hides it well.

That was my thought too, especially in an older house.

Took a lot of work to make a 46" fit.

Rg

raggedjim said:
The piano re-purpose, more trouble than it was worth...

Rg

SAM_0772.jpg

SAM_0771.jpg

SAM_0770.jpg

SAM_0769.jpg

That is genius! Lol I'm talking my dad into doing this in our home! It was built 1852 and a flat screw tv looks out of place! This is a great cover up

raggedjim said:
Thanks, I'm more of a metal guy, so a good woodworker would do it even better. If you need better pics let me know. Tha area around the keyboard was tricky...

Rg

Okay I'll let you know! My dad is a pretty good woodworker so he may be able to figure it out...I'll let you know if he buys into the idea

*Edit*

Sorry, wrong post

We have a few things here and there... vintage crap all over. I did build a lamp out of a distributor cap, and some photos in the living room... one is an old coupe shot to bits, one is a big48 inch canvas of an old ford that I did, and then another old pickup. Currently I am trying to find someone to do some pin striping for me so I can finish off the details in the living room. Wish I had some pictures.

Kind of late to this thread, but if I'd followed my college degree, I would be a HS shop teacher now. :D (not gonna happen!)
So I'm no stranger to an older solid oak piece, a gallon of stripper, stain, and a qt, of semi-gloss urethane (brushed, not sprayed).

Most of them came in the door via my ex's family flea market "business", and they left the door when she did.

Have not really gotten back into furniture refinishing, tho most of the stuff in the house is not anywhere near new. just nothing worthy of posting a picture.

I like the 'distressed" finishes you have done, but I must confess, I spent a lot of time stripping poorly done distressed paint, or the style of the decade off some beautiful quarter-sawn or tiger oak! :D

Latest posts

Back