The Necromonger (Getting Tanked and Inked!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Necromonger

kingfish254 said:
It will be interesting to see how that works out.
That's one way of putting it. You are a diplomat for sure.

Assuming it is strong enough, I figure the grips really wont be that much different than drop bars on a ten speed. Might need some kind of truss rod type support system. Hmmmm......

LOL, I didn't mean it like a politician would. I meant that it will be cool to see how you execute that unusual design element. I like the plan!

One thing to consider if you run a small 20 inch back wheel, will be pedal to ground clearance and also gearing. If you run the same crankset as standard it will be 3 inch's closer to the ground, also you will lose a lot of top speed with the rear being a 20.

Both of these issues can be compensated for, just takes a little more effort.

Have you thought about a standard 26 inch rear and a 20 front but also lengthen the forks to get it to sit level?

Whatever you do, I will be a very cool bike! Enjoying watching it.

Luke.

The front end is starting to come together. Not sure about the rack but if it stays I will covering it somehow and will be making something esle to replace the Errector Set looking supports. I turned the fork backwards thinking it might compensate for the smaller front wheel.

Sweet!
It's hard to believe that is the same frame.
Nice work up front. The baby apes from a Schwinn excersiser would be perfect on that.

kingfish254 said:
Sweet!
It's hard to believe that is the same frame.
Nice work up front. The baby apes from a Schwinn excersiser would be perfect on that.

You are a mindreader sir! I just put a post up in the Wanted section looking for Exerciser parts. Im thinkin aobut a going big with the sprocket if I can find one.

This build is looking cool. Looks like a cross between these two.

barlett-behind-his-pacer-passerieux1.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
Is it just me or does Ol prespandex have his forks on backwards?

Must be a WalMart bike.

Uncle Stretch said:
Is it just me or does Ol prespandex have his forks on backwards?
Its only backwards if it is unintentional!

I know some of you guys have some really good excuses for not being as far along in your builds as you would like. I got up early this morning and went out to work on the front fork and was met by this cow. I wish I hadn't put the frame in the garage last night or I might have been able to get the bike and the moose in the shot. 1 hour later the coast was clear, I'm sure she will be back to check on my progress.

I threw some different wheels on the back to see how the stance is shaping up. Not sure what to do. I am trying to use what I have on hand when I can so what wheel I use may affect the gearing and brakes.

Re: The Necromonger 26, 24 or 20?????

I think that the 24/20 combo looks the best.

kingfish254 said:
I think that the 24/20 combo looks the best.

I agree, and while I like where your build is overall, I would ask you please to consider flipping that fork around. It just looks weird to me. Or find a straight BMX fork.

I agree, and while I like where your build is overall, I would ask you please to consider flipping that fork around. It just looks weird to me. Or find a straight BMX fork.[/quote]

I once had a somewhat famous author tell me that "the greatness of art is measured by the emotion it envokes". That said, I hope the fork bothers you. :mrgreen: I also hope that lack of a down tube and placement of the handle bars look wierd to you. I think it adds to the overall look of unsafeness.

That said, I'm really not set in stone on anything. I might flip it around.

Yesterday I made a template for the tank. Hoping to get it cut out this afternoon.

Latest posts

Back