Rusty but Trusty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3Ee3G53I85G65Ee5Kfd47452e4f3aa24414f9_zps1d1bc612.jpg

Picked this up off CL! 1960 Schwinn Tiger.

Thanks! It's all there and everything still works just really rusty. I'm going to get it all apart and see what's going on.

A nice Schwinn B1 seat with wear tabs. That came off of an old 50's ballooner. '59 or '60 was the first year for that nicer chainguard. Gary

Thanks guys! I think the handlebars are pretty much shot, as are the spokes but hopefully everything else will clean up. I was wondering about the seat. Most of the pics I see have the monogram seat. What the bomber seat standard and monogram seat an option?

Someone likely replaced the smaller two color "S" seat with that one for a better fit for their larger butt. 8) The neck on that thing is way older than the bike. That's a 30's style neck or maybe one off of a newer style skinny tire bike. Bars are not factory either. Those are SB style from the 50's. I'd leave all those old parts on there. Will make for a more comfortable ride. Gary

Thanks B607! Good idea, I will leave all of those things on there. I may have to replace the handlebars though. They are so rusty the chrome is falling off. I do like their style though. I am going to relace the wheels since there was some broken spokes and I would like to retain the original hubs. Any suggestions?

Unbelievable! That's crazy! Nice work! Now I'm embarrassed lol!

Latest posts

Back