1960 Schwinn Tiger (my first save)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3Ee3G53I85G65Ee5Kfd47452e4f3aa24414f9_zps1d1bc612.jpg

null_zps734ba005.jpg

Got it almost stripped down.

null_zps7964ed49.jpg

Before...
null_zps241a5f97.jpg

After.....
I can't believe the aluminum foil and water trick works! 5 minutes later voila!

So far so good! From what I have read it will remove the rust but it can come back. How is the turtle wax on keeping it away?

the turtle wax chrome polish works great to eliminate rust, and to polish/shine the chrome. It has been my experience if you use the chrome polish on a bike and store indoors or in a climate controlled space, it will take a long time for the rust to resurface and when/if it does its very minimal. But on bikes that live outside, it seems like every 4 months or so it needs a light polish. But I guess that depends on conditions in your area. lol

I'm going to have to try it. It will be garage kept but not climate controlled. I live in Indiana. I'm a fair weather rider though so hopefully it will last. Thanks for the info!

null_zps2d65abc4.jpg

null_zps94ad889c.jpg

The wheels were so rusty I had to cut the spokes out. Westwoods had to hit the trash unfortunately. Bearings and races were in great shape. Went to my LBS for spoke calculation because it was WAY over my head lol! Cut some new spokes and built my first wheel! Now to try to true it lol!

Latest posts

Back