I'm in...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rule #4. Bike must not already be built.

Unless you're gonna tear it down and do something else with it, a big part of this is the build log.

mtbikn212 said:
Did I post to the wrong buildoff? What did I do wrong?

Ok, I missed that one (read the rules a few months ago and forgot that one). Was going to strip paint, etc. but no worries, guess I'll use my one "change" a little earlier. Thank you for the reminder.

FWIW, I started with a complete bicycle. I then tore it down into its component elements to clean up and repaint. :mrgreen:

Moderators forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn, but I think it's all about following the *spirit* of the rules, and having an excuse to hide in the garage, get dirty, drink beer and fiddle with your fork tubes. :p If someone bought a new Wal-Mart cruiser, changed the tires and the grips and called it a "build," where's the fun in that?

Just tear that (beautiful) Schwinn apart, obsess over acorn nuts and glitter paint for a few weeks, and come out the other end with something different!

Thanks Noodlenoggin, that was the intention. Strip, clean, add, rebuild, another bolt on modification or two, etc...hmmm...what to do, what to do...?

Latest posts

Back