New Rat Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So i had a frame laying around and i wanted to work on a new bike so i decided to start this project a few weeks ago and its coming along nicely so ill start a build thread before i get it finished. I cant remember what the frame was before i started taring into it but i know its a 26" mountain bike frame lol. I wanted something low and aggressive but didn't want a lowrider so this is what i created.
here is a shot of it in the middle of me wire wheeling to get the old paint off.

Then i threw some paint on real fast to keep it from rusting and now i filled pitting with some quick steel to see if it was any good at filling holes. Im going to try to sand the quick steel today if the weather hols up that way i can finish the paint job soon.

thanks guys i hope it comes out as a beast, i havent decided what grips im going to run when im done but it will be a black bike with red splatter paint (first time trying anyone have tips) across the whole thing, Red wheels with black splatter and maybe a little extra clear. Yeah i had plenty of sprockets around that were messed up so i decided to use them for something lol

Hoping to get the quick steel sanded today so hopefully ill have some new pictures for you guys and gals tonight. I want to finish this one so i can start my next one.

Ok i got it all shaped the way i want i think, first used to 50 grit then, 100 then 150 then 500 then 2k emery and scuffed the whole thing so the next set of paint will stick nicely hopefully.
Just needs a little bath then a nice day and we will be ready for paint round 2

Latest posts

Back