1937 Schwinn Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wasn't going to enter this since It was so late, but here is my 3 day Klunker build. Originally I was going to do a Klunker with a nice paint/powder job, but my do it yourself powder place folded. These are the original parts I was going to use.

Seeing all the other Klunker inspired me (in last several days) to a quick build since I had all the parts. Here is what I ended up with as far as parts.

Here are the wheels I decided to use. Pulled the old hubs off a Dutch commuter bike. Rims are Araya 7X.

Started fitting things and discovered the crank spindle was a little too short. They are Lambert cranks, which use a special spindle.

Decided to use these Nervar cranks for now. I had to retap the French threads.

Yesterday I got the bike all mocked up. Lots of little things needed to be tweaked to get things to work together. Also realized I had two rear tires on the bike. Took it down to the bike coop to realign the dropouts.

Finished it up this afternoon. Took it for a 10 min spin. Still needs some minor tweaking. First thing is to lengthen the chain.

Love it!
A genuine hybrid klunker! :)
Nice work.

What kind of bars are those?
A parts list would be awesome.

Not sure what the bars are. They might have come off a 80s Schwinn Cruiser. I put a parts list in the finished bike post.

Latest posts

Back