VOTE HERE! - TRADITIONAL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select your 3 favorite bikes.

• 1. 16" Huffman - bruce

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • 2. 1936 Off-Roadmaster Klunker - yoothgeye

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • 3. 1936 Speed King Wm H Bingham Co Cleveland - DoubleL

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • 4. 1937 Schwinn Klunker - jmt788

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • 5. 37 Schwinn Admiral Klunker - by socal_jack

• 6. 50's Monark Muscle - nito900rr

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 7. '59 Kolumbia Klunker - bebopblu

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • 8. A 3-Star Delusion - expjawa

Votes: 37 9.2%
  • 9. Bar Fly - justride

Votes: 24 6.0%
  • 10. BATLINER - socratesjpt

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • 11. Battered & Beaten - kram

• 12. BLACK BETTY - kevbonium

• 13. Blackened White - furyus

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 14. Burnout Dragster - thedude

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 15. CALIFORNICATION - thebigorangecat

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • 16. CALVIN 1987 bare metal bike - TomSkylark96

• 17. CCC Project - loudboys

• 18. Chantilly Lace - dragnusa

• 19. Coppertooth - Wildcat

• 20. Crusty Racer...low budget Board Tracker - buckchocolate

Votes: 51 12.7%
  • 21. Drag Queen - sharmangasaurusrex

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • 22. DUCYCLE - MONARKofSoCal

• 23. el Bandido - RockNRolla

• 24. Faux-Sch-O - ADRNLN

• 25. Firewing - 1953 Columbia Firewing Three Star DeLuxe - kingfish254

Votes: 83 20.6%
  • 26. Full View - tvc15

Votes: 79 19.6%
  • 27. Heavy Metal - kensmurray

• 28. "Hella"ion - Brentley

• 29. I shall call him Wilfrid the klunker - jats

• 30. IT'S CLOBBERING TIME!!! - Jake Sensi

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • 31. Kustom Coaster III - MazdaFlyer

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • 32. LAST DITCH EFFORT - erichitscar

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • 33. LaVerne - Hooch

• 34. MARGO - slowriderz

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • 35. Milan Brewery Bicycle - jcextreme

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • 36. Monark - Heavy Pedal

• 37. Mooneyes Shop Bike - HuffDaddy

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • 38. My Fair Lady - River City Speed

• 39. NDN - rat-a-tac

• 40. NEW AGE HAWTHORNE - Toeslider

• 41. New W@ve - Gold Street Customs

• 42. Nightmare Before August (AKA "Uneasy Rider") - ChrisMac

• 43. OCC Army Stingray - noodlenoggin

• 44. Pana-SONIC - oxyjansen

• 45. PRE WAR ELGIN BIKE BLACK LIMO TAXI BICYCLE SIDE CAR - tanksalot

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • 46. PSYCHOTIC REACTION - texasbigjon

Votes: 26 6.5%
  • 47. Quicksilver - Vintagebikelover24

• 48. Raceliner - supergoob

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • 49. RAD ROT - Chips_Mahoy

• 50. Rare Bird 1937 BSA Tandem - udallcustombikes

• 51. RaTornado - outskirtscustoms

• 52. Red bomber - deorman

• 53. REMIX - fordsnake

Votes: 104 25.8%
  • 54. Rusty Rodeo - chromespeed

• 55. SAND TROOPER - Rat Rod

• 56. Schwinn VW Tribute Bike - Rust2Rods

• 57. SCRAP HAPPY - PeterBuilt

• 58. Shelby Path Racer - MplsCoaster

• 59. Simpleton - kingsting

• 60. Simplistic Speed - Machine Age Victim

Votes: 22 5.5%
  • 61. SOUTHERN FLYER - The Renaissance Man

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • 62. Stitch - MrLeghorn

Votes: 36 8.9%
  • 63. Stock Isn't - 40/41 Elgin - panelman

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • 64. Swingbike - pkh1974

• 65. The Better Half - milbums

• 66. The Board Ratter - Bluemustang21

• 67. The Conundrum - Diabolical_Dork

• 68. The Free Spirit - Scribble

• 69. The Mojito by kim_dude

• 70. THΣ NATI∇Σ AMΣRICAN - Double Nickle

• 71. The Silver Arrow - Sam12384

• 72. The Speedway Special - blackdiamond

• 73. The Throwback - jackmac4

• 74. The "ROVING GANGSTER" - OldSkool

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • 75. True Temper Aka "*ut Buster" Gut Buster - frank'n biker

• 76. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez - Smoopy's

Votes: 76 18.9%
  • 77. V Rod - BigMo

• 78. Velo Jardin-1948 Westfield - Laurie Thom

• 79. Vintage Trouble - LowpowerD

• 80. Western ƒlyer Šuper - ifitsfreeitsforme

Votes: 53 13.2%
  • 81. Wonder rat - sqrly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just received a private message from a new member “notright”, it was rather cryptic…the message reads: “This one thinks something is not mathematically correct. He sees lots of strange things. Watching this one is.”

I may be wrong but this sounds like an accusation?

“notright” became a member today at 12:14 am and sent this message to me at 12:31 am. I’m assuming “notright” is another member joining again under another name, or a friend of a member who’s upset with the votes I’ve received?

I don’t have time for this child’s play. I’m dealing with personal matters that supersedes this competition. If you followed my build last year you’ll recall my eldest sister died from an aggressive stage of cancer. This occurred while I was tweaking the final touches on Mofaux.

Almost one year to the day...I received another call, one of those “knock the wind out of the sails” call; that my other sister was diagnosed with lymphoma cancer! A CT scan picked up 6 large tumors on her brain. And they don’t give her much time.

As you can imagine I'm dealing with a lot of emotions…and going to my computer and bringing up the RRBBO8 page is a therapeutic outlet...at least it use to be?

Prayers going out for your sister buddy! Family first and don't worry about voting drama. If you remember last year my grandmother died the last week of BO7 and right about that time I basically had a veteran RRBer as a blatant stalker. I totally get the therapeutic distraction of the build off. This virtual brotherhood helped me through my loss last year.

While I wish that you had less votes (for selfish reasons :p ), I don't think that anyone is surprised that your build has the votes that it does. You earned them.

Notright Aint Right and should leave the drama with his mamma!

That is sad, if you're going to call someone out at least be a MAN (or woman) and do it from YOUR profile and let someone know what the real issue is. Don't be a coward and hide behind a fake name and speak in code. Fordsnake your bike is awesome just as Mofaux was last year and I think it is a bit of jealousy for you kinda stealing the show two years running. Haters gonna hate. Don't let it bring you down. Keep your head up and know that we all keep you and your family in our prayers.

With a bike like Remix, "one" doesn't need to cheat. Beautiful bike.

In fact, I propose next year we have three categories: Build Off 9 Traditional, Build Off 9 Anything Goes and Build Off 9 fordsnake.

Sorry for your troubles.

furyus

Oh what the heck. I guess in any "let the best (x) win" contest, there will always be people who don't put their effort into making the best (x) and then put ALL their effort into complaining about the people who did. And for the record, I voted for Remix. For Pete's sake, you shaved a marble in half! :)

Having lost close family myself, I know you don't need this kind of crap. Try to consider the source -- do you value what some idiot troll said on the internet? Let it go and remember what's important.

Voting was really hard... so many awesome bikes this year - in the end I chose three that appealed to me personally.

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez got my vote - it's just so ratty and reminds me of the four wheel rat rods. Classic!

Southern Flyer - simple and elegant, excellent craftsmanship, cool custom touches, just a great looking bike overall (and a really great looking picture!)

37 Schwinn Admiral - Klunker - I totally dig klunkers and there were several really good ones in the build off... I'm partial to single speeds - that along with the BMX influence, old school alloy crankset, Landing Gear forks and the OG paint did it for me. Just a great looking klunker all around and seems like it would be an excellent rider - I'd probably need a longer reach stem on it, though

But all the bikes are fantastic - congrats to everyone who entered. Wish I could have finished RED ZEPPELIN in time

old_skool said:
Voting was really hard... so many awesome bikes this year - in the end I chose three that appealed to me personally.

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez got my vote - it's just so ratty and reminds me of the four wheel rat rods. Classic!

Southern Flyer - simple and elegant, excellent craftsmanship, cool custom touches, just a great looking bike overall (and a really great looking picture!)

37 Schwinn Admiral - Klunker - I totally dig klunkers and there were several really good ones in the build off... I'm partial to single speeds - that along with the BMX influence, old school alloy crankset, Landing Gear forks and the OG paint did it for me. Just a great looking klunker all around and seems like it would be an excellent rider - I'd probably need a longer reach stem on it, though

But all the bikes are fantastic - congrats to everyone who entered. Wish I could have finished RED ZEPPELIN in time

Thanks for the vote! I'm glad that you like it. :mrgreen:

I also voted for Remix, as it is a beautiful rat. Though it's easy to say "never mind the troll", it is hard when you're going through something personal, and my heart goes out to you and your family. I wish the best for you both in the build off and, more importantly, life.

On another note, I'd really like to thank all five people who voted for Drag Queen, as that was my goal going into the competition, and I am ecstatic that I reached it.

On another......another note, I cannot believe that "New Wave" is still voteless! That was one of my favourite builds to watch, the paint is radical, and it looks like it'd be a blast to take for a spin in the backwoods.Also "Hella"ion looks like a super fun ride too and I would love to own either of them. Good luck to both Gold Street Customs and Brentley.

That is bs fordsnake. I'm really sorry that happend. Yea I'm with kingfish cause it means I'll have to throw down next year. Like what was said haters gonna hate. When I did the ratty truck in 07 some said it was not rideable. I had to take a video of me on it to prove it was and still folks said stuff.

socratesjpt said:
When does the voting end

Look at the top of the Poll

Select your 3 favorite bikes.

Poll runs till August 12th, 2013, 6:13 pm

I am pretty certain that is US CDT
Basically the voting is up for a full 7 days, so sit back and enjoy the ride!

Just want to say I am blown away I have votes....as this is my first year and first build. This is an amazing group of wonderful people!

I am looking forward to next year.

Thank you.

Laurie aka as Momma JATS

hello. these bikes are all awesome. there are some talented builders on here. my votes were. firewing, last ditch effort, southern flyer. cant pick the order though. like them all equally.

nkm1 said:
hello. these bikes are all awesome. there are some talented builders on here. my votes were. firewing, last ditch effort, southern flyer. cant pick the order though. like them all equally.

Thanks for the Firewing vote! Rman did an incredible job on SF and Eric pulled out a sweet Liner in no time with LDE!!!

HuffDaddy said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Got my votes in!

A 3 star delusion
Crusty Racer
Mooneyes Shop bike

Thanks for the vote OutSkirtsCustoms! I'm glad you liked it. I had a blast building it.

I really liked the upholstered tank, I've never seen anyone do that so for originality that gave you some points. Also you pinstriped the underneath of the seat even though no one would really notice if you hadn't...great attention to detail. The flow of the bike worked and a home made springer to top it off...That's a Rat Rod through and through.

Just wanna say bandido got a vote! so thank you to the mystery voter who made my 3 month project all worth while :D .

On another note congrads to Bar fly, tuco benedicto and margo. Out of all the gems in this bunch your bikes stole my votes.

I'm "sliding into" my normal position in votes, right around ten...
klunkslide.gif

Latest posts

Back