Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I started this bike collecting obsession my only interest was tanklight bikes, then I bought my first schwinn....I was hooked.
Just a few....with some easily identifier color for the cops when or if they get stollen again.

One of my favorites...my 49 LaSalle badged Phabton....with a little bling.....a real headturner.
etadybus.jpg

58 Starlet
umu7u2yd.jpg

51 Panther
usure9u7.jpg

46-48?? DX
ve5eteha.jpg

Then a few that are as close to OG as K could get them

61 Jaguar Mark IV
upuhetu8.jpg

59 copper tone Corvette...Sill in its barn find condition
y8u6e7e8.jpg

Took a while to get this one right that is to some damaged parts supplied buy the seller....an expensive rebuild on this one. But, finally in presentable condition
58 Corvette
a6u9una4.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I thought I'd share this thing with my new friends. It is a 2005/2006 Schwinn MantaRay with no affiliation with OCC. I just added her to my collection a couple days ago. I spotted this cool bike on CL and I had never seen one before so I jumped on the chance of owning it. She had a flat tire in the back which is probably why it was for sale in the first place(Those tubes are elusive). After some phone calls and a failed attempt at one bike shop I was able to locate a brand new 20 X 4.1/4 for a measly $5 bucks from a good friend of mine. I plan on keeping her in the family for a long time.

P-LoDiablo said:
outskirtscustoms said:
1993 Schwinn Z-Force (Well the frame is original, everything else was swapped)

Before:
image-88.jpg

After:

This thing looks like modern day Pixie. Good job!

I never thought of that but it does!

1967 Schwinn Deluxe Racer in coppertone. I bought this through Craigslist. I was thinking maybe the seat and grips were *not* stock but they're Scwhinn brand. Has a 1972 bike license from a univsersity in Michigan (I think?), and the only change I've made was to replace the SA 3 speed cable. As far as I know, the tires are original (or at least very, very old) as they're marked "Made in USA" on S6 rims.

I've had it for just a few months and it's been a blast. Ended up getting beach cruiser-styled bikes for my wife and two oldest, and a retro-20" banana seat cruiser for my youngest.

I Like that MantaRay !! Looks like the rear wheel from an OCC . .very interesting.

I saved this Continental from the parts bin. Bendix single speed with 27" white walls. One of the Flatlanders made for the Ayer MA ride. My only Schwinn and my favorite ride......... for now.

From this........

............ became this...........

Latest posts

Back