board track racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work buddy!
I love the flow of that one!

Thanks guys, I had fun building it and now I'm enjoying it.

Hey Kingfish you did an awesome job on that Firewing, I really like it.

El guapo said:
Thanks guys, I had fun building it and now I'm enjoying it.

Hey Kingfish you did an awesome job on that Firewing, I really like it.

Thanks man! Have you started working on that Elgin yet?

I love the look of this bike, its exactly the sort of thing I'd love to build. Just a few questions if you don't mind. Is that frame a firewing? Also, are those 26" wheels?

The reason I ask is that I have never seen one of these frames in person (or any of the nice curvy prewar ones you guys are always using, here in South Africa almost every oldish frame is diamond, or at best two straight horizontal bars). There are never pictures of the bikes with people for scale either, so I have seen builds that I think look like great riders and then I discover they are actually 24" kids bikes or something

One day I hope to get a nice frame like this shipped over here (I hope that's not a bad thing to admit, some people get really upset about the export of collectible things), but I would hate to open the box and discover it was way too small for me to ride ;-)

I'm not 100 % sure about the frame but it has the looks of a Shelby airflow. The head badge says Eagle from Gamble stores, I'm sure some one here knows better, a lot of guys here are experts on prewar bicycles. The wheels are 26".

Thanks El Guapo, knowing the wheel size definitely helps give scale to the bike. It looks like a really nice rider (although the low seats always make my knees hurt just to look at :p )

This is by far one of the best bikes/builds ive seen on this site! Amazing work!:bigboss:

Latest posts

Back