Chain Bike build..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys. yeah I had a bit of a discussion with Yellowhand he was concerned about it flexing because he had problems with his even though he used even bigger chain. Unfortunately he was right it is pretty flexible mostly in the front end at the neck. it twists side to side quite a bit. Before i tear it down im going to try shorter handlebars to put less leaverage on it. Mostly just noticebable when standing up pedaling. But the chain links are only half welded now so im going to fully weld them and hopefully that will stiffen it up atleast a bit more. Unfortunately Yellowhand never got to see it finished but maybe hes still brousing from the great beyond

Well i dont know if you know but he isnt around anymore, I would suggest having it fully brazed for extra strength or maybe even dipped or something of that sort to make it tougher.

LukeTheJoker said:
Very awesome! that two speed idea has been talked about a lot on here lately, I think you might be the first to do it though!

Luke.

He's not the first to tackle the retro-direct two spd.
That beeing said, Very cool build though. I wanted to do something like this many moons ago when I was building lowriders. Keep goin' !

-Kreep-

Latest posts

Back