My 38 Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sanded down the fenders and rack today and tried my best to get all the little dents worked out. I'll have to find some fender supports as these are pitted real good. I may change to a regular fork if I can find one of those.

Just a suggestion :turn the handle bars upside down and get a Gyes G-12 springed cruiser seat
otherwise nice start to a potential SWEET! Bike!

I got my bike parts back from the powder coater. They look good. The bike was rusty as you remember and the result is that it has a texture to it. I like it anyway. I had the fenders and rack done also. They are black. I'm not going to use them right now but I have them and new supports if I want to later. I put a wheel and the sprocket on temporarily just to see what it was going to look like. I made a skip tooth out of my new wheels sprocket. I still haven't bought a seat for it. I have grips and pedals tho.I saw somewhere else that the collared frames may be 1936 models. This one is so I may have the wrong year on my title. Oh well, Its an old bike. Leave it at that.

sprockets line up good

Latest posts

Back