53 CWC Roadmaster RestoMod (Paladin)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My CWC Roadmaster RestoMod (Paladin)

Here's the setup after frame was powdercoated by Powdercoat Studios. I added the darts then took it to Lit'l Bill of Indianapolis for the red pinstripes. It's ready for the crankset to be fitted this weekend.

Roadmaster 3 November 2013 by Sly Red, Chicago, on Flickr

The bike can be built up as soon as I get my front wheel (Felt Cruiser) from Motostrano. It's been back ordered two months.

Rear wheel is built. Sturmey Archer three speed with coaster brake on Felt Cruiser rim.

holy shnikees that's nice.

Where do you get your plating work done and approximately what sort of costs for things like stem , crankset and bars?

Bike looks way nice. Hopefully mine will look as good some day.

DJ Bill said:
Where do you get your plating work done and approximately what sort of costs for things like stem , crankset and bars?

Bike looks way nice. Hopefully mine will look as good some day.

Bill, the handlebars, Lucky Seven seat post, seat post clamp, the chainring and four small parts for the springer were ~$250. I use Badger Plating in St. Francis, WI. The stem is a nice vintage one I picked up at a swap meet. It didn't need replating.

The wheelset: Front - Felt Cruiser 50mm wide with 5 Star Alloy Hub. Re-laced with Stainless Steel Sapim 12GA Spokes
Rear - Felt Cruiser 50mm wide with 3 Speed Sturmey Archer SRC3 (II) Coaster Brake Hub. Re-laced with Stainless Steel Sapim 12GA Spokes

Felt Rear Wheel in Dropouts by Sly Red, Chicago, on Flickr

What a b-yute!!

Latest posts

Back