"GULF SWING" Fat tire Swingbike build! As done as it is gunna be!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "GULF SWING" Out of gas...

Yep. I'm feeling the crunch too!

Dang that's good looking. Hope I didn't make a mistake and paint my wheels blue. Luke at this rate you might be done before me. This time change has really slowed my project down.

That 5spoke pattern does really look cool!
That'll look cool on one of your next builds Luke!

Rich :)

Re: "GULF SWING" Back together!

Finally had a chance to do some work today, had to work between the rain showers, but got the back end back together, the BB axle welded up, the wheel hubs welded in, trued and the brake disc mount fitted too!

Giving the wheel its first spin:

10814122015_722381c0b0_z.jpg

Video here: http://youtu.be/F7uaJ8DL4Og

As it sits now, much happier with the angles:

10814380653_b293283082_z.jpg

For size reference, I am 6'4" only just going to be able to have my feet on the ground when the seat is in there:

10814116765_5b57fa57ee_z.jpg

How small does that front 16" look! :lol:

Luke.

Re: "GULF SWING" Back together and rolling!

C O O L, that stance is too cool.

Lookin great Luke, I keep eyeing off that old truck that has appeared
in many of your pic's when are you turning her into a cool bike?

By the way and sorry to go off topic, what sort of truck is it?

Nice proportions!
Looking slick Luke!

Well although there does not appear to be much progress, a lot of working out has been happening. I needed to fit up the chainwheel to work out the chainline before the rear fork triangle ties can be made and welded in, unfortunatly the cranks I was going to use, I did not check the over properly, turns out they were not a matched pair, so sorting through my bikes looking for a nice pair took some time. Found some nice ones but it turns out the ones I widened the bottom bracket to suit had a wierd offset, so most of them were unusable, the very last decent pair I had turned out to be a match, they came off an older ladies road/race bike. They will need some modification to remove the large top gear ring but other than that I am very happy with them.
Also stipped the horrible velour covering off an old Bratz seat and worked out how I am going to widen it and mount it, so things are moving ahead slowly...

Here is a mock-up with the cranks and seat sitting in place:

10881132434_97e6e53f05_z.jpg

It is starting to look like a Swing Bike should! 8)

Luke.

Latest posts

Back