New Beast in NORCAL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, haven't been here in some time, wound up movin from Arizona to California for job. Recently found I have a blown disc and all my bikes are either desert single speed, single speed road, or 24" BMX, and none of those are kind on the body. so I came across the BEAST on Wallyworld and got intrigued. Started following several forum boards on it and the mods and fix's ya'll are doin.

Mine got here in ONE DAY ! ! !, No visual damage as yet, slammed it together to see what was up and a quick spin. Not bad, yes the gearing needs a switch up, better pedals, maybe a nicer seat for the casual riding to build up my core. I want to swap out the cranks so I can swap out the chain ring, and alter my gearing there, any recommendations on arms would be greatly appreciated. I will be going by a recycle non profit bike shop I hit pretty regularly and will be looking for cranks and gears. YES I will be peeling all decals off of it, and have a vinyl cutter on the way for a new logo on the head tube, and some for the frame. Future may get the freewheel/disc brake hub off USChoppers and relace the rear, and maybe the front adapters for rim brakes, or maybe the disc there too. All suggestions and recomenndations are more than welcome.

Great to be back and riding, look forward to watchin all the builds.....

and to all those whiners about it bein a POS, IMO, if ya bought a wallgoose and then figured out it wasn't a $3000 dollar fat bike, I guess the folks at walmart knew more than you, and your not the brightest crayon in the box for thinkin you were getting more than a $200 bike.

Hey I'm actually in Vacaville, I'm a field service tech so I get around, mainly the bay area, occasionally sac, and further out. I'm actually gonna hit the recycle in San Rafael next week to try and pick up parts for the Beast I just got.

Welcome, intrigued by them things too, but as I'm in the UK, it's just a wish...

34 tooth front, 18 rear was the right gear for me, street and off road. My back is bad and I'm overweight, but the ratio made all the difference. It comes with a 36 tooth front 18 rear sprocket. I kept mine on the cheap, using a set of chainwheels from another old wallybike mtb. The crank length was the same. I used the middle ring, A laidback seat post and bigger handlebars finished it out.

2v2zazt.jpg

Nice job, I hope your back is better than mine, had an injection but I'm not sure it's going to do the trick, blown L5/S1. I had tried the 20 in the rear as it was the easiest and quickest swap and $3, but still needed a lil more help up some street grades around here, also went to 175 on the lengths as opposed to the factory 170s. Now it's just a nice leisurely pedal, although not got the gearing to stand up and try to crank up the power. But definitely a nice cruising speed. Nice job on the crank swap, and looks like a few other swaps.

Latest posts

Back