New Girl

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am new to this. So here is my story. My mom has this cool red and blue with white detail boys Shelby Eagle Bicycle that she is pretty sure she received for a 10th birthday gift back in 1945. It has been in her possession all these years. She has taken it with her to the West Coast, when the family had to move because of lack of work after WWI, and back. She has really neat stories of all the adventures she and the bicycle have had over the course of the years. Now the bicycle is ready to find a new home. I would like an idea of what a bicycle like this might be valued at. Thanks. Not sure how to post photos.

[

Here are some pictures. Thanks for the tip on uploading them. As you can see when she no longer used it to ride outdoors she used it as a stationery bike.

Welcome from Quebec Canada!

This is a great looking bike with all the parts , why not restore it a little and keep it rolling in your family for years to come :mrgreen:

It's only worth about $50
I just need your address before someone offers less.....

i agree with keeping it in the family it has some good stories and would be a cool family heirloom to pass on.
it isn't really to far off if you wanted to restore it,you could do it rather on the cheap side.
it is a shelby, and those are one of my favorite bikes. my personal opinion they really capture what vintage cycling is about cool lines comfortable ride and really able to uphold a lot as yours clearly shows.
the only throwback i would see,but that's my personal opinion and shouldn't affect the value at all, is it doesn't appear to be a skip-tooth. that's just my personal choice i think it would make the bike look cool.
as far as value, that determines on location and demand for such a bike.
if you were near me i would drop 200 on that without a blink,but again im a Shelby fan.
if it were in my shop in that condition, i would place a 350 sticker on it and leave room to bring it down to about 200 . but again the whole value determines on demand for such a bicycle,time of year,and location.
i have a 1958 Schwinn dx i cannot seem to sell because im in Nebraska and no one seems to have an interest in vintage bicycles around here.
you re in the right place though if you are willing to ship it,there is a lot of people who are probably wiping the drool from their chins like me after seeing this beauty.
but you cannot put a price on such a cool story i would suggest getting it restored and keeping it
there is a really good guy here called smoopy's that does outstanding work and i would strongly recommend him. not to mention a lot of others here but smoopy's is the first name that pops in my head.
also this site is excellent for finding parts for that bike.
shes a work of art. i think you should keep her and pass her on to family .
thanks for sharing such a beauty with us i hope you do keep her.
Sean

Latest posts

Back