Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew you'd like them.

Already changed the wheels back to stock. The axle isn't long enough on the Felt wheel to allow it to shift right. I think I'll put a Nexus 7 in the stock wheel instead.

gr009.jpg

Already changed the wheels back to stock. The axle isn't long enough on the Felt wheel to allow it to shift right. I think I'll put a Nexus 7 in the stock wheel instead.

Nick, just a heads up in case you are unaware of it, that Felt rear wheel takes a long push rod for the shifter. Most of the Electra Nexus wheels take the short push rod. Be sure you didn't use a short rod as no amount of fiddling with the adjustment will get it to shift right with that one. Please ignore me if none of this applies to your circumstances. :cool2:

pushrods1.jpg

Last edited:
Nick, just a heads up in case you are unaware of it, that Felt rear wheel takes a long push rod for the shifter. A lot of the Electra Nexus wheels take the short push rod. Be sure you didn't use a short rod as no amount of fiddling with the adjustment will get it to shift right with that one. Please ignore me if none of this applies to your circumstances. :cool2:

Hmmm, didn't know there were different lengths. I had looked into that. I used the one from the Electra wheel as the Felt wheel didn't come with one. It had the same shifting problem as my Basman. Wouldn't stay in second gear, you have to hold the shifter against third to use second. I ended up putting an 8-speed on the Basman to fix it. I'll have to compare the push rod from that one to the one on the Felt and Electra.

I did notice that the two hubs had different thickness of nuts on the axle on each side. Tried to swap them but then wouldn't be able to get the hub in the frame because of the threads sticking out on the right side.

If it indeed is a push rod problem on the Felt cruiser wheels, the push rod that you need is the 86.85mm one (for 175mm axle). The part number is Y-33S 98180.

Good luck finding one in the states, I had to buy one from Petra Cycles in the UK.

http://www.petracycles.co.uk/shimano-nexus-sg-3r40-push-rod-8685-mm-p-5876.html

Sadly, they appear to be out of stock.

I measured the one from my Basman and it is 86.92mm. The one in the GR is 81.79mm. I guess I can try the Felt wheel again with the Basman pushrod and see what happens. I never could get the Basman to shift right vs my other Nexus 3 bike which never has any problem.

I measured the one from my Basman and it is 86.92mm. The one in the GR is 81.79mm. I guess I can try the Felt wheel again with the Basman pushrod and see what happens. I never could get the Basman to shift right vs my other Nexus 3 bike which never has any problem.

Nick, it'd be better if you measured the hub axle itself.

Artem, both Your bikes look fantastic, especially the black one, haven't seen anything like that done to a Straight 8 yet!

I've changed a few parts from black to brown, changed the shifter and brake lever, added Nexus 8 rear hub, front dynamo hub and some light :) I know the headlight isn't very pretty, but I don't care, because it's so freaking bright when I ride in the dark! I'm going to run the cable inside the fork, mount the front rack again and make some headlight mount up front, just below the rack.

First three pics are taken with a camera, but the bike ones are phone pics, so sorry for bad quality..

DSCF3827.jpg

DSCF3828.jpg

DSCF3830.jpg

IMG_20140424_132507.jpg

IMG_20140424_133025.jpg

IMG_20140424_133356.jpg

Latest posts

Back