Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e077a2ee21eb7c48eb12b51408cf8f1f

28years.jpg

Four weeks to go! What parts are you going to use.
I plan to incorporate this thermos into my build somewhere. StarsNbarS
Photo_C6DD382F-F270-BF9D-CAA6-A9FE83D40AC8.jpg

Last edited:
Captain America, or Wonder Woman Build?:D

Maybe a gender bender and call it WCAW (Wonder Captain America Woman)

Are we allowed to post what we will be using?

Correct me if I am wrong, if I have to widen the seat and chain stays to fit a wider tire (24" x 3.0 Kenda Flame) that puts the build into the anything goes category? If that is the case it kind of sucks, but such will be life I guess.
I don't think that should put you into the anything goes in my opinion. How is your Punch Bobber comein along????

Correct me if I am wrong, if I have to widen the seat and chain stays to fit a wider tire (24" x 3.0 Kenda Flame) that puts the build into the anything goes category? If that is the case it kind of sucks, but such will be life I guess.

It depends. In past build offs I have seen ways that people did this that was within the rules and others that did it that was outside the rules.

27kkk.jpg

27 Day Countdown to BONINE!

Hey guys, sorry if my questions have been answered elsewhere, but I didn't read all 19 pages.

I've been collecting parts all winter for a bike build, and I figure since I haven't started yet, I'd like to put my build in the build-off. It'll be a great motivation for me to finish it, and I'm a reader/lurker here but have never been in a build-off yet.

My questions are, how do I enter, and what are the rules? Do I just start a build thread on May 1st, or is it a bad idea to post in-progress pictures until it's done? Also, I remember reading somewhere that one buildoff stipulated you couldn't do any welding on the frame, but others were anything goes. What will the rules be this year, have they even been announced yet?

Thanks in advance for the low-down.

Hey guys, sorry if my questions have been answered elsewhere, but I didn't read all 19 pages.

I've been collecting parts all winter for a bike build, and I figure since I haven't started yet, I'd like to put my build in the build-off. It'll be a great motivation for me to finish it, and I'm a reader/lurker here but have never been in a build-off yet.

My questions are, how do I enter, and what are the rules? Do I just start a build thread on May 1st, or is it a bad idea to post in-progress pictures until it's done? Also, I remember reading somewhere that one buildoff stipulated you couldn't do any welding on the frame, but others were anything goes. What will the rules be this year, have they even been announced yet?

Thanks in advance for the low-down.

2014 'BONINE' RULES

"TRADITIONAL" BUILD OFF RULES

1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the post "Subject/Title." Keep a running journal in your thread about your build.
3. Must use a factory production frame....no altering of original frame except for grinding off fender/chainguard tabs or shortening seat tube.
4. Bike must not already be built.
5. Must include before, progress, and finished photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be ridable.
7. Use any bolt on parts you like.
8. Paint must be applied by builder, no powder coating...pinstripping by someone else is acceptable.
9. Don't ask a bunch of goofy questions trying to get around the rules...just build a cool bike and have fun.

"ANYTHING GOES" BUILD OFF RULES
1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the post "Subject/Title." Keep a running journal in your thread about your build.
3. Bike must not already be built.
4. If you are building a custom frame, frame must be built by the forum member (this includes welding and fabrication).
5. Must include progress and finished photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be ridable.

If the site moderators feel that your bike does not fit into the Traditional build off class you will be notified and your thread will be moved to the Anything Goes build class.

***Please be courteous to others and do not fill their build journals with off-topic posts. If it continues after a moderator warning, your account will be nuked.

This year's build off will begin on MAY 1ST, 2014 and will end on AUGUST 3rd, 2014.

You must post photos of your completed bike in the "FINISHED RRBBO9" forum by 9:00 p.m. CST, August 3, 2014.

Latest posts

Back