Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, sorry if my questions have been answered elsewhere, but I didn't read all 19 pages.

I've been collecting parts all winter for a bike build, and I figure since I haven't started yet, I'd like to put my build in the build-off. It'll be a great motivation for me to finish it, and I'm a reader/lurker here but have never been in a build-off yet.

My questions are, how do I enter, and what are the rules? Do I just start a build thread on May 1st, or is it a bad idea to post in-progress pictures until it's done? Also, I remember reading somewhere that one buildoff stipulated you couldn't do any welding on the frame, but others were anything goes. What will the rules be this year, have they even been announced yet?

Thanks in advance for the low-down.

Trading ideas :android: and :39: solutions in the build threads are the best part of the whole thing.

Hey guys, sorry if my questions have been answered elsewhere, but I didn't read all 19 pages.

I've been collecting parts all winter for a bike build, and I figure since I haven't started yet, I'd like to put my build in the build-off. It'll be a great motivation for me to finish it, and I'm a reader/lurker here but have never been in a build-off yet.

My questions are, how do I enter, and what are the rules? Do I just start a build thread on May 1st, or is it a bad idea to post in-progress pictures until it's done? Also, I remember reading somewhere that one buildoff stipulated you couldn't do any welding on the frame, but others were anything goes. What will the rules be this year, have they even been announced yet?

Thanks in advance for the low-down.

You can get a feel for the build threads by looking at the ones from last year here.
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?forums/build-off-8-traditional.75/
Progress photos are encouraged and even part of the rules. You will enjoy the feedback and camaraderie that is shared as your build progresses.

26-wall.jpg

Only 26? GOOD! I've been staring at that stupid bike frame hanging in my garage for too long....

Carl.

Only 26? NOT GOOD! I haven't finished my current build yet! :banghead:

No worries! You didn't finish the bike you started with last year yet and look how awesome Southern Flyer turned out!!! :D

Yeah I look at the frame hanging there, and I want to get it down and work on it. But no, not yet. No tweaking. Just scribble on some papers... dream a little idea or two. That, and I've cleaned and tuned a couple of my other bikes. But still that frame hangs there calling ....

Carl.

countdown_25.jpg

To bad I can't enter my build in this year it's going to awesome not even in the anything goes

I showed this earlier and found the part I need to keep it in the traditional build side.
XL%20StingRay%20mock%20up%204.jpg

Here it is cut earlier from my Puch rear swing arm mod.
Dropout extension 1.jpg

It will go something like this.
Dropout extension 2.jpg

Of course I have to wait to do the fab work so it will work. It will all bolt on with no frame mod, letting the wide tire clear the frame stays.

24-show-goes-carbon-neutral.jpg

I thought you were already working on one "drag" bike. :chicken:

Look forward to seeing another Smoopy build. Tuco was wicked last year.
Just don't name it Smoopilocks :android:

FAQ bump to the top

2014 'BONINE' RULES
"TRADITIONAL" BUILD OFF RULES
1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the post "Subject/Title." Keep a running journal in your thread about your build.
3. Must use a factory production frame....no altering of original frame except for grinding off fender/chainguard tabs or shortening seat tube.
4. Bike must not already be built.
5. Must include before, progress, and finished photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be ridable.
7. Use any bolt on parts you like.
8. Paint must be applied by builder, no powder coating...pinstripping by someone else is acceptable.
9. Don't ask a bunch of goofy questions trying to get around the rules...just build a cool bike and have fun.

"ANYTHING GOES" BUILD OFF RULES
1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the post "Subject/Title." Keep a running journal in your thread about your build.
3. Bike must not already be built.
4. If you are building a custom frame, frame must be built by the forum member (this includes welding and fabrication).
5. Must include progress and finished photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be ridable.

If the site moderators feel that your bike does not fit into the Traditional build off class you will be notified and your thread will be moved to the Anything Goes build class.

***Please be courteous to others and do not fill their build journals with off-topic posts. If it continues after a moderator warning, your account will be nuked.

This year's build off will begin on MAY 1ST, 2014 and will end on AUGUST 3rd, 2014.

You must post photos of your completed bike in the "FINISHED RRBBO9" forum by 9:00 p.m. CST, August 3, 2014.

n34b.png

Latest posts

Back