Dry spell?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Last summer/fall I couldn't walk outta the house without tripping over a good vintage project. Lately it's slim pickin's around here. What few possibilities that do turn up on CL are priced with no base in reality.
What gives? I'm stArting to go back through the scraps behind the shed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking, time of year?
Everything here on c.l. seems to have be pricey, and slim pickins.

Even ebay seems to have dried up... I have the fewest items on my "watch list" ever!

Yah it's makin me getting too those Projects that have been on the back burner !

~RafaeL~

Selling doesn't seem to be a problem right now because of the "dry spell"

Atlanta Craigslist hasn't been really great lately. I've actually bought 2 bikes online this year and had them shipped to me. I can on one hand how many times i've ever done that.

I usually find everything locally.

Happens in everything. Bikes, cars, and cool goodies. Time of year has alot to do with it. For example tax returns effect what people sell. Right now some aren't worried, the money they need will be coming back, they're thinkin about blowing that rather then needing to sell the barn!

Weather and being travel lazy is what's happening lately around my hous:cool2:e.

Last edited:
we've also had a lot of big auctions like Copake and big shows like Memory Lane and Trexlertown lately and people are selling there and holding on to what they have for these big events.
Just a thought.
JKent

Things seem to run in cycles around my area. I rarely find good or affordable pieces until late summer. The stuff doesn't seem to come out of the woodwork until late July and runs until early October. Plenty of yard sales in the spring but they're almost always full of baby clothes and garden tools...

Dunno things are picking up here in the Cleveland CL with spring. Quite a few deals have popped up recently. Only thing I've bought lately though was a Raleigh Retroglide with a 7 speed shimano nexus hub, which I was curious about the hub.

Finding anything pre-war though is getting difficult, especially in a mens. Between scrappers, Pickers, and Enthusiasts theres slim pickings left in vintage bikes. Anyone selling a bike online, already has a conduit to gauge its value online, the best deals around are barn, estate and garage sales anymore where people don't want the hassle of looking up values online and trying to get a fair price.

Latest posts

Back