Detroit's Belle Isle FreakBike Nation Ride and Picnic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a reminder

(Copied from last years meet with date changed)
Meet at Belle Isle in Detroit
Saturday, April 26, 2014
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Pot Luck picnic .... bring a dish to pass or something to stuff in our mouth holes.
Lots of riding, yelling, waving and smiling!
New bike contest, trophy, fame and fortune cookies .... maybe?.
We head out at 4:00 p.m. for our next destination .....

Getting a few greased up again to ride this year too. Should be a great time as always!

I got excited for a minute. There is a Belle Isle in Richmond VA in the James River that also has freakbike rides, AKA Slaughterama. Thought it was one of those.

Ride on Belle Isle, That sounds good.!! I hope the weather is good!! See if I can bring the Stacked or Upside down. May be I can get some other people to ride.. Is the Great Lakes chapter Freekbike web site working?? Not much action there. Together we ride as one!!

Hey Snowworks,
(you really might want to think about that screen name, given the the winter we just had) Come on out to the Isle, we always have a good time. The Freakbike Nation web site is down (as near as I know) but the forum is still running, <http://forum.freakbikenation.com/phpBB3/index.php?sid=4b0ae7d7929014912c1362e38ca4470a> but you are right, there is a dearth of activity on there. It seems a lot of folks have migrated (unfortunately) to Facebook. There's a lot of freaky postings at Freakbikers Unite!!<https://www.facebook.com/groups/629140550476950/>

Ozzmonaut, now I'm the one excited. Another Belle Isle - in the middle of the James River? I could always stand to add another "Belle Isle" to my collection of favorite places. :cool2:
Gizmo

ONLY 4 DAYS TILL BELLE ISLE….......
(and 5 till Ann Arbor)
We meet at Belle Isle in Detroit
Last shelter as you go around the island before you have to return to Detroit.
Saturday, April 26, 2014
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Ride around the island off and on all day, play games, BS, whatever
Pot Luck picnic .... bring something to throw on a grill, a dish to pass or something to stuff in our pie holes.
Lots of riding, yelling, waving and smiling!
New bike contest, trophy, fame and fortune cookies … maybe?
We usually head out by 4:00 p.m. for our FINAL DESTINATION .....
(sounds like a lead in for some kind of movie, don't it?)
We head out to Ann Arbor / Saline for the Classic Bike Show

SEE YA SATURDAY

I will be there and hope to get the bike carrier mod finished to carry the Big bike.

Modified Bike Carrier
Bike%20Rack%201.jpg

Still need to create a clamping setup to hold the big bike upright.
Bike%20Rack%203.jpg

And here I thought I was the only one doing last minute cargo platform / bike carrier mods. See ya Saturday
We can do partly cloudy just don't wanna need to bring a snow shovel.

See you guys Saturday! I'm bringing the cookies!

Glad to know that you all had a great time – cool bikes and thanks for the pics!

My brother-in-law took me to Belle Isle for a bike ride around the island back in the late 70’s – cool place to ride a bicycle!

Peace and take care of yourselves.

Just wanted to thank all you guys for showing up for the ride! It was great to see some new faces and shoot the bull with you guys. You Freaks and Rats mean a lot to Gigs and me and we hope to get the FreakBike Nation back to it's glory days of Freaky Bike Fun. Thanks to all who came out!
Chainy

Heck yea!! we had a good time at the Belle Isle ride.. Me and the Mrs. Nice to see some improvement to the Isle. Freaky bikes, Nice ride, and Kool people!!.. Plan to stay longer next year, Bring more bikes?? Ride more laps around the Isle!!

Bump... Any info on this years bike ride? I missed last years and waited a whole year and really looking forward to riding before the show...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To my knowledge its gonna happen again, day before saline like usual. I'll be the at least. Lol

Latest posts

Back