Scooter talk

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OK, I got caught up in the scooter craze. I have a 50cc chi-scoot that I am modifying. Going with a, "big-bore," kit @100cc's. It is all stripped down a and I am installing the head kit and some other goodies. Here are the links to my YT videos. Will miss out on the Spring Build Off, but, I will be watching the fun. Enjoy!

I'm into the small cc motorcycles I'm currently working on a m65 Harley Davidson

A remarkable difference in the performance. After the initial test ride, I realize a big blunder in where I had the muffler strut mounted, OY, I forgot that the motor pivots, redid the strut so they would be on with the motor and drive assembly.

You guys are spreading the scooter virus my wife wants a moped or scooter now

Stella's are retro cool! A lot of the parts, I have heard, are interchangeable with the Vespa.

Yeah, they're made in India by a firm that used to make Vespas. So, a lot of stuff is made with the same machines. But yeah, obviously they're 4 strokes now, and hat's different. I just want a shifter scoot.... or a wee l'il moto.

Yeah, they're made in India by a firm that used to make Vespas. So, a lot of stuff is made with the same machines. But yeah, obviously they're 4 strokes now, and hat's different. I just want a shifter scoot.... or a wee l'il moto.
I'm with you on that the bike I'm working on is 3 speed 65cc

Stella is a vespa P series clone... Try to get the 2stroke version if you can;)

And I have heard that the Stella/LML cranks are bad, so plan on swapping...

LML was involved in an agreement with Piaggio from the early 80s up until y2k. LML produced many parts for Piaggio's Vespas worldwide, plus LML produced and distributed complete Vespas in India. LML wasn't the first Indian firm to produce Vespas for Piaggio; Bajaj made Vespas under a licensing agreement in the 60s.

While the Stella/LML/Star 2strokes were basically identical to Vespa p-series, the new 4strokes are different. Not just the powerplant; the chassis had to be modified considerably to house the new motor. Thankfully, they kept the look the same.

I'm considering a 4s Stella or a Sym Wolf classic. Beat the gas prices and the "japanese" competition's price premiums...

Painting on the body pieces continues, took it out for another spin on Sunday, pegged the speedo at 50 mph, rolled the throttle back to 3/4s, and it held the speed. It was screaming though.

Latest posts

Back