ENIGMA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your going where I think your going with the paint job. Its gonna be really cool.

Verdigris?

No...no copper this time and no fantasy (futuristic) build. As I mentioned in my opening statement, I'm reversing my approach and attempting to replicate many of the characteristics of a rat rod car.

I just finished part 2 of the painting this morning...I have one more stage before the painting is done, will not be able to do it today. But here are some close ups of the faux finish. This is all spray bombed...no airbrush. There's about 12 paint colors applied.

Last edited:
Great build Fordsnake, build on!

Luke.

Your bike is awesome. It's your builds that have set a standard for being different, sleek, and created with a precise vision. That pushes me to do better. One of the few here that do that.

Carl.

Hey Fordsnake, you are one of only a couple builds that I look forward to checking out everyday. Don't get me wrong, I try to see the progress on ALL the builds, but you and a couple more bikes I make sure I check out first. Keep on keepin on.

Looking great as always. For what it's worth, your builds are so great, they cause me to go the opposite direction, to not even try. I could not compete if it were my full time job to try.

Thank you all...it's your appreciation that makes me want to do my best.

No...no copper this time and no fantasy (futuristic) build. As I mentioned in my opening statement, I'm reversing my approach and attempting to build my interpretation of a RAT ride. So I'm trying to replicate many of the characteristics of a rat rod car.

I just finished part 2 of the painting this morning...I have one more stage before the painting is done, will not be able to do it today. But here are some close ups of the faux finish. This is all spray bombed...no airbrush. There's about 12 paint colors applied.

Ah slightly different than where I thought you would go.
It almost looks like vintage military there. You have some nice painting technique, using any outside influences like windex previously, or are you using any sort of applicator, some of those lines look like its been set down before the paint dried(the fork in particular)

How the paint is used is one of the lesser done things I'm seeing in the build off. I think many go with a simple single color as its easier, but it doesn't give the variety I like to see.

The paint is cool. I don't need zillions of pictures, or even one for that matter, but generally speaking, what did you do to accomplish that?

Sweet fauxtina work!!!

No...no copper this time and no fantasy (futuristic) build. As I mentioned in my opening statement, I'm reversing my approach and attempting to build my interpretation of a RAT ride. So I'm trying to replicate many of the characteristics of a rat rod car.

Great paint choice & technique.

Dude you keep doing the D-thang. Any haters against you are just that -haters. Let's put this behind us and get to the finish line. I'll be there and I know you will be too. Just let me get 10 of ya votes so I can maybe get to double digits in the voting. Hahaha Namaste

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The paint is cool. I don't need zillions of pictures, or even one for that matter, but generally speaking, what did you do to accomplish that?

I shared my technique in my Mofaux build thread.

Last edited:
Sweet fauxtina work!!!
Great paint choice & technique.
Wow, that paint looks great!

Thanks guys...I had to run and do errands today, so I wash't able to finish the painting. Sun is going down, so I'll have to work on it tomorrow. But here's an example of the last stage that's needed...replicating rust. I have fingers cross that I can wrap up the frame painting tomorrow?

Always interesting and always your own vision.
Great to see you inspire us by giving us examples that step outside a narrow box that is just 'bike' and encourage us to use what we know that may be very far from bike.
:113::113::113:

Latest posts

Back