Fun with curves

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a horrible couple years... said goodby to my dad last jan,he made it to 85. Gonna miss the ole guy. He sure did get a kiick outta the things i was doing in the garage . Trying to learn a few things, when i figure out how to post pics with my phone.will show making a triple tree, by a complete noob. Need to get bike rideable in 2 weeks for local carshow.

Thanks luke! This is a picture test.
CAM00370_zpskvyi0lai.jpg

A bit bummed right now. I am definitely a machinist noob. I know what i want just don't think i am doing it the best way... i might bug some of my hobby machinist friends on this .one.
Rich

Hopefully the worst is behind you, nice to see you back at this project. The lines on this build are great, it all has a nice flow. Looks like you went with a head tube afterall, are you building a springer too? Now it's in need of some custom bent handlebars and seat to finish things off.

Last edited:
Thanks ocd. As for the headless headtube, i forgot all about it hehehe, readi.g thru the thread reminded me. They'll be others
Some of the parts im planning may come out rougher than what should be acceptable... but itll have To do.

Thanks guys! the bike is on temp hold, waiting for a new drive belt for my mill. Gives me lots of time to play with other stuff in the garage. Lathe is working nice... as for the triple trees, very simple design, wish i had more experience milling, i might waiste a couple pieces of aluminium... Got ta learn though.
Rich

Latest posts

Back