1982 GT BMX Nora Cup

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I usually don't have much interest in BMX bikes but I came across this one inside of a house at an estate sale and it was just too clean to pass up.
It's a 1982 GT BMX Santa Anna California Nora Cup
I hope someone here can shed some light on it for me.
It looks to me like it has a mix of parts on it. Dia Compe rear brakes, Sun Tour Stem, Sun Tour 4 piece Crank, Oakley F1 Grips, SkyWay Pedals, UNI Seat, Mongoose Seat clamp, Yellow Cometition III Tires, A.C.S.-Z Yellow composite wheels, Suze Hubs, D.I.D Chain,
Is this the way this bike came? What is Right / Wrong?
Any value as far as collectability?
Very Very Clean.

Frame/fork/bars are the only thing original to it.Everything has been added,so they probably just got the set then started building.Looks great and yes there is value to it.Beautiful build you scored!

that is a sweeet bike man!!
i know gt are fetching quite a bit and are a desirable name brand
especially in that condition and being early 80's
as far as value i will use my method of what would i sell it for in my shop.
if i had this beauty i would put 1500 on it and probably get it. but a more down to earth value would be about 700-800
you scored big time that is a beauty
the rims look to be either z rims or arayas either way they are heavy duty and good bmx wheels
a lot of the parts are aftermarket but i think they are era correct and in excellent shape.
dia compe is a brand you're gonna want to hold it's value im having a drooling session just looking at her what a find!
perfect example of a true survivor.
Sean

i also noticed the front forks are not drilled out that is also something i notice collectors want.
this bike would attract both vintage bmx and vintage bicycle collectors.
it shows how bmx used to be before china took the market over and flooded it with their junk.
again awesome awesome bike looks to have never been ridden if at all very little and definitely never raced
Sean

Latest posts

Back