LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.

More from some recent rides....

This one for my Self Pedal Portrait series.
coffee_hand-off-2.jpg

A photo for Bike Ride & Seek
10286776_10202943972753552_5067241587495898846_o.jpg

Rural ride with the wife.
bridge.jpg

P1300086.JPG

One of several dogs encountered on another rural ride with the wife one evening. Seemed to be more dogs than usual.
P1300060.JPG

Man Randy, I went to you self portraits and I couldn't stop laughing at "Don't make eye contact..." .
My wife had come over and see it when I started crying I was laughing so hard.
She got a kick out of it too.
I needed a good laugh, thanks!!

Thanks Steve glad you both enjoyed it.

Last weeks rides...

A few of us rode to see the original 1954 Japanese Godzilla movie.
P1300102.JPG

A ride in to the big city via the country I spotted this.
P1300139.JPG

and a stretch of single track in the city.
P1300144.JPG

From a rural ride later in the week.
P1300186.JPG

Visiting family graves.
P1300197.JPG

What's left of what was not much of a town to begin with.
P1300199.JPG

The wife and I rode in the city yesterday.
P1300245.JPG

Thanks everyone for the comments. Been out-of-town and doing some riding. I'm really behind on my reading here on RRB and the build off. Need to catch up.

Here's some of what we've been up to...

Memorial weekend we rode in the Pedaler's Jamboree on the Katy trail in Missouri. All the photos and a video here. Here is a sample...
P1010400.JPG

P1010402.JPG

P1010372.JPG

After the Jamboree we rode another section of the Katy. All the photos and video here.
P1010554.JPG

P1010603.JPG

P1010605.JPG

We then went to Nebraska to ride the Steamboat Trace rail-to-trail. All photos and video here.
photo1.JPG

Back at home we participated in a friends annual ride. This year the 20th anniversary. All photos here.
P1010836.JPG

One of 2 Geocouch finds yesterday.
P1010926.JPG

My lunch ride today.
P1010955.JPG

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (West Coast)

Thanks Steve. I've got a lot of catching up to do here.

We've been out West getting in some rides the past couple of weeks. First was the beaches of Southern California. Here's a video...

I have lived in So Ca for almost 50 years and never been to any of those beaches or on a ride like that. Thanks to this video, I'm going to start steady riding and hit those beaches by the end of summer.I just got a vintage cruiser and look forward to the freedom of riding that I enjoyed years ago. Thanks for showing me what is in my own backyard (so to speak) 45 miles away. I will try to video my beach trip as well.

I have lived in So Ca for almost 50 years and never been to any of those beaches or on a ride like that. Thanks to this video, I'm going to start steady riding and hit those beaches by the end of summer.I just got a vintage cruiser and look forward to the freedom of riding that I enjoyed years ago. Thanks for showing me what is in my own backyard (so to speak) 45 miles away. I will try to video my beach trip as well.
That's great!

The couch dumping capital of the world!
Yeah it sure looks that way.
I may have said it before but I bet that anyone who rides frequently and if they kept a watchful eye, mght be surprised what's in their neck of the woods that they normally overlook. At least in a urban/suburban setting like I ride.

Getting caught up...
Looks like a cool concert and stage at the Katy,
Fantastic picture in Nebraska's Steamboat Trace!!!
You're really getting around :thumbsup:

I've been slacking on keeping this thread up to date.
Here's just some of what I've been up to lately.

Back in June we watched Race Across America riders pass through the area. Pictured is Christoph Strasser who was in the lead when I took this photo and ended up winning the race .
P1020231.JPG

This shot is one I took for the FaceBook Bike Ride and Seek June challenge.
P1020338.JPG

Another Self Pedal Portrait. Who's that hiding in the cornfield?
P1020894.JPG

Early July was the Patriotic Pub Pedal
P1020957.JPG

Several couch finds for Geocouching since I last posted. Here's just one of them
P1030272.JPG

Had friends and family come visit from out-of-town. We went on rides.
P1030210.JPG

P1030216.JPG

P1030283.JPG

P1030299.JPG

Eating watermelon at the river for Facebook Bike Ride and Seek.
P1030418.JPG

Today was Fashion Friday on our blog.
ff_randy-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back