RED A** MONKEY FINISHED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After fighting the paint, I finally gave in! The only way to fix it is stripper, what I should have done!
Here I assemble, test fit, get sidetracked, basically a.d.d. build it....

20140607_161137_zps0e2f57fb.jpg

20140607_161156_zps184bc33a.jpg

20140607_151840_zpsf216bfd5.jpg

Back to monkey business....

Ok, no monkeying around, I will get this done ...
20140608_233245_zps1cd4c5b4.jpg

20140608_233307_zps6ea2aa69.jpg

It does have a big red,
reflector doesn't it?
20140608_233220_zps0845fa47.jpg

It does have titanium to go with the aluminium and the drillium!

Further pictures coming soon from Big Daddy, in red spandex....

After my test ride, I have to say, " this rides good, real good!"
In fact better than my Dyno Cafe bike!
The brake shifter goes with the bars, works awesome!
20140611_112031_zps83bb7dce.jpg

27 pounds by my bathroom scale.

My fathers day was the best the Red**s Monkey is finished (except for the headbadge) and home I took it out of the shed to take the pics and ended up going for a ride around the block fifteen miles later I have to say this is one of if not the nicest bike I have ever ridden. Ok heres the breakdown we came in at 27lbs, Schwinn alloy cruiser frame w/3peice crank adapter, 07 Giant forks.First sealed headset, 24 spoke Xero racing wheels/Kenda kwest 700/25 tires, Shimano Deore octilink crank w/42 tooth deore alloy chainring,XLC alloy rattrap pedals, XLC alloy seat tube, Intense Sacred Heart seat, Generic red alloy neck, Red alloy Soma pursuit bars turned upside down and double rapped for comfort, Shimano 105 brake shifters, Shimano ultegra 6500 9spd derailer, Shimano cs6500 12-23 cogset, Shimano 7500 chain, Dia-compe vintage caliper brakes, Jagwire cables, Titainium wheel scerws, and drillium factory rear rack. I LOVE THIS BIKE!! Many thanks to my friend Mikeee Bikey for puting it together for me I owe you brother.

This could be a new category of bikes (as if the industry doesn't have enough already!): Road racing cruiser!;)
4128498518_b4d5e3eec8_z.jpg

BiggDaddy/Mikeeebikey: great job; nice interpretation of the fast-cruiser concept. But, what's the deal with the front brake? Trying to be more aero or...
it came off the rear of a ladies' bike?

Well......
The brake was long. That's it!
Plus I remember all the tri bikes going that way a couple years back.
The cable does flow nicely with the, "non-aero," theme!
Just monkey business.
Love your "cafe bike," BOB!

Last edited:
Well......
The brake was long. That's it!
Plus I remember all the tri bikes going that way a couple years back.
The cable does flow nicely with the, "non-aero," theme!
Just monkey business.
Love your "cafe bike," BOB!

:21:That hot-lookin' green/white bike ain't mine; that's just a Retrotec, which costs a few grand just for the frameset... But he makes some awesome cruiser-styled road bikes. http://ingliscycles.com/retrotec.php

If I ever finish my BO9 bike (I just need spokes and powder, really), it'll be kinda café-ish... semi-drop bars, long stem, fixed gear, but keepin' balloon tinres on'r. Won't nearly as fast as biggdaddy's R>A>M

I like the green and white one all but the price. Total investment on the R.A.M was about 325.00(most expensive bike in my fleet) I like that alot better (ya gotta love Ebay). We are just poor bike nuts Making cool for next to nothing.

Latest posts

Back