Thirsty Three Wheeler (formerly The Growler)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One last weird little bit is that it appears that the seat post is fixed in the tube. Theres no clamp or even a slit in the tube that would indicate that there should be one. Guess I need to make sure the geometry is going to work for me. I was hoping to put a layback post on it but guess not. I probably won't have too much time to play around with this build for a couple of weeks unfortunately.

Take the seat off, there is probably a screw on top of the seat post. It works like a gooseneck clamp with a wedge in the tube.

So after basically doing nothing but buying some parts for the part of my bike that is not a bike I think I am switching frames to my 26" lowrider frame. I became concerned about the longevity of the bottom bracket on the Stelber and had the other frame just sitting around waiting to be used for something. It's already been painted so I can basically just paint over it, paint the bolt on rear to match and find some cool forks (a springer probably). The real work will be in building my basket replacement. I'll try to grab some pics if I get home before dark.

5y2anene.jpg

Frame to be used. Generic Murray. I think its the same base frame I used for my klunker build last year. Little fire engine red and silver metal flake and it should look okay.

Someone spent some time and metalwork on that!

Luke.
Yeah, it's heavy as he!!. A lot of times they use fiberglass for them but this is all metal and bondo. A little sanding and it should be ready for paint. The nice thing is that I can cannibalize from last years build for it. Hopefully I get some cooperative weather this weekend.

Finally got some work done. Need to fill some imperfections with some fiberglass epoxy but laid down a base paint coat anyway to see how I liked the color.

5y2anene.jpg

Frame to be used. Generic Murray. I think its the same base frame I used for my klunker build last year. Little fire engine red and silver metal flake and it should look okay.

I totally missed this frame post. That's gonna be great for a trike.

Yeah, it actually looks pretty cool in bright red. Now to try to make a box for the back and try to figure out a wiring diagram for the speaker system. Baby steps.

The irony of this whole build is going to be that the most difficult parts for me will be with carpentry and circuit design. Maybe one of these days I'll have time to take some pics and clear out my garage so I can get to the table saw.

Finally got a pic. Can't really work too much on it right now. Hurricane is too close for my fancy paint booth. Got some of the areas that needed work filled in with sun cured surfboard resin though before the wind blew it over and jacked up the paint

abu2uqyn.jpg

Hang tight with Arthur! Hope you guys ride it out okay.
Love the red!

Thanks, hopefully I can get some work done on it this week. I'm hosting a booze cruise on Sunday and would love to at least have it painted and mounted so I can ride it for that. My plans for the rear box keep changing and I'm now considering just modifying a cooler to hold the solar panel and speakers so that it's easy to pull out and carry around.

Latest posts

Back