It has no name yet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive never actually done a build off bike before. Ive given my dad ideas and parts but never a solo one.

Im going to start with this Huffman built for Belknap Hardware in Louisville, KY. I went ahead and tossed in the rear wheel I will be using. They came originally from my girlfriends 1940 Schwinn built Ludwig.

I saw the tank idea on the Rat Rod Facebook and it had me intrigued. For my limited amount of tools the PVC melted tank should be very doable. Not sure yet if my tank design will pass the seat tube like the Huffman long tanks.

And this haggard seat matches the patina on the front of the frame and the formerly white wheels. I believe it is from a 30s Schwinn. Not entirely sure though.

I have an array of parts that might make it on the build, a disassembled repainted huffman springer, the original rear fender, Schwinn studded tire, and the rest I have no clue.

Lookin good Duderino! welcome to the build! You got a great start there, when I saw that tube next to the frame I thought you were gonna make a pulse jet bike:grin:

Good looking parts and ideas so....GET TA BUILDIN'!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Welcome to the build off.
You may have some issues trying to get that PVC to fit your Columbia frame. Both of the examples that I have seen that used were on frame where the gap between the top and middle bars was equal through the length of the frame. With your frame that gap tapers as you move back towards the seat. Just giving you a heads up.

You da man with da plan!
I look forward to it!

well ive been busy doing this lately. I finally managed to get home and do a little work on the "tank". I went to wallmart and got one of the little coleman propane tanks and torch heads. I then proceeded to melt and try to inhale as little fumes as possible. its looking all odd shaped and weird at the moment, but its a start.

You are getting some serious air in that pick.
I kinda like the burnt marshmallow look you got from the pipe. Embrace it and name your bike the S'More. :D

so ive been mega slacking. im trying to pull up the pieces the last couple days. I got the steerer replaced on the springer due to bubbling and now im trying to get her to match and not have a thousand scratches.

shes been sanded and being primed

I also decided to go with the blackout Huffman Sprocket opposed to the original chrome one. And i popped the seat on.

Latest posts

Back