Schwinn Packard yard sale find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this over the weekend at a local yard sale. The bike is nice and crusty. Doesn't look like it has seen any love in decades. I'm planning to sell it but I'm not sure if it would sell better as-is? Or to wipe it down with BLO, repack the bearings, fresh tires, and seat?? What do you guys think?? Part of me wants the fun of seeing what it could look like after. But since it's not a keeper?? The Serial on the bottom brackets is F3579XX I can remember the last two digits.
eruvuduv.jpg
8usegepu.jpg

Last edited:
I went ahead and started cleaning it up a bit and it's looking nice! But the seat disintegrated. It just turned into rusty dust. So I'm going to need to buy a replacement. I'll take more pics tomorrow. Quicksand I'm not going to part it out. I'm going to take it to the next local swap and see what I can get or trade for it.

I took a pick up load of Schwinn girls frames to the salvage yard a dozen years ago. Probably should have kept them. Girls bikes...meh.. Gary

Latest posts

Back