(MBBO Class 1) The Ginch: Final Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your build is coming along great have you received your Jerald tire yet I noticed it was the ninth when you had posted about ordering it I ordered mine on the eleventh it was late so probably shipped on 12th I'm hoping for it Thursday or Friday just wandering I'm looking forward to getting it

Have you got any notice from them. I ordered and never heard back. I have sent emails and left messages with no response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No I've not got a notice but I went to there site and pulled up my account info and it said that it was in final processing let me know when you get yours and I'll do the same the shipping was $15 fedex ground

I went back and looked again it said that it was already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing therefore this order is no longer editable

I hope they get it figured out I still haven't got mine I'm hoping it will come tomorrow or Saturday

Did you find out what is going on with your order I believe mine is messed up now the money I paid them has been put back on the card I used and got a email from the card company that said the transaction has expired ! This is heart breaking I'm gonna have my wife get ahold of them when she comes in I don't really know how :banghead:

I haven't heard back from Jerald Sulky. Pretty much writing off the whole thing and will just give them as much bad press as possible.

Instead of getting the tire I wanted I ended up using the squarest profile one I could find. I'm not happy with it but you gotta do what you gotta do. I went through reassembly late last night when it was cool and quiet.
10710829_827203980670167_7102342087772816214_n.jpg

I didn't like how I routed the cables so I redid them in a manner I liked. I went into the garage this morning and went for a quick spin.
10687033_827514917305740_7351332040499375726_n.jpg

I had to make some brake adjustments (one caliper was rubbing the tire) and shift adjustments (the rear was all over the place and over throwing the chain in the front. I finally got all ten speeds laid out and went for a go-get-lunch ride with the wife.

10540901_827596040630961_7788381651482452693_n.jpg

I finished fabbing up the light bracket. It now has an integrated battery and on off switch all tucked up under the seat. I shot it with black enamel so it matches the seat pan.

Not even close. I like to get all the mechanics out of the way first. If it doesn't ride well and you can't put big miles on it then you are just wasting your time. I'll put some miles on it while I get ready for the next step.

I think they might have the tires in before the build off is over I'm just gonna order some whitewall beach cruiser knobby tires and wait for Jerald hopefully then use the tires on something else when they get the slicks in. I was thinking of using a tire like you have but I have seen some of the muscle bikes have the knobbys like I'm talking about anyway I'll hush about the tires ! Your build is coming along nicely glad you got all the gears working good and got to go for a ride Did you put the wheelie bar to use?

Not even close. I like to get all the mechanics out of the way first. If it doesn't ride well and you can't put big miles on it then you are just wasting your time. I'll put some miles on it while I get ready for the next step.

I'm the same way. Make it a runner and put some miles on to work the bugs out then make it pretty. This bike looks great already though..love the ginch! That tire looks pretty good reminds me of those early Firestone Stingray tires.

Great set of bikes! There are so many cool details on your build. I love the afterburner!

I stopped at the hardware store and picked up a handful of 1/4"-20 acorn nuts. Shop is full so I don't have time to work on my own stuff right now. Maybe this weekend will be better.

updates? not really. Shop is super full with customer stuff right now and I had my favorite uncle die last week so working on my own stuff isn't in the cards right now. Thankfully this build off is so long otherwise I wouldn't have a chance of finishing on time. I did pick up my fav speedo the other day. It doesn't work and looks ratty but the face and bezel or in good shape. I will tear it apart soon and go through it all and get it working again.
10325572_837557906301441_6850423145428392148_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back