Derby 1939

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cream was my first choice as well, but I wanted to keep an open mind on all the options. The wheels are currently white, but will change to black and leave a white pin stripe. Ordering tires and recovering a seat and final assembly is all that remains.

The trim work came out well, a little touch up, and let the paint set for a week.
I may be riding before the snow flies.
This looks BEAUTIFUL! Nice job! ! ! Put that sucker together, I gotta see her whole. Solid cream tires w black or chrome wheels. Red tires w cream wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just got this nice long spring from one of our fine Green Bay builders KevinBN7.
I will recover this seat while I wait for tires to be shipped. This seat should look
good on top.

I do my projects at a buds airstrip an hour away. I see interesting things on ride as you will see.

morning snack

starting to go together

Looking good on the rebuild.
Sounds like you already ordered tires but in my mind I thought of some gray quick bricks to play with the dark red/ maroon.

Did you find your paint scheme in an old ad?

Looking good on the rebuild.
Sounds like you already ordered tires but in my mind I thought of some gray quick bricks to play with the dark red/ maroon.

Did you find your paint scheme in an old ad?

The paint scheme is from the Mercury print ads and various web sites photos. The Derby shares the same frame, chain guard, carrier and fenders. The head badge also has the same outline shape as the Mercury. I do not know the background of Derby bicycles, maybe its just another re-branded bicycle like many others.

Looked so cool with the patina intact but the paint scheme is beautiful and the powdercoat will last for several more generations to enjoy.

Latest posts

Back