A fairly well trashed OCC Stingray Chopper to play with - Winter project!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up three quarters...maybe more like two thirds...of an OCC Stingray. No idea what I'm going to do with it yet beyond tearing it down, cleaning it up and doing something about that paint!

I know this frame divides opinion, not actually sure about it myself, but getting something funky to work on in the UK is always good, seems to be these things or a Bratz cruiser!

Had to pick it up by train which was somewhat snug, probably not the ideal commuter bike!

Had a chance to buy a 1972 bronze Schwinn Stingray but it was really rough. Guy wanted $ 185 for it and was pretty set on his price. I was thinking at $ 120 I could take it apart and sell on EBay but the most desirable feature on it, the 3 speed shifter was in pretty bad shape so I passed on it.

Just picked up three quarters...maybe more like two thirds...of an OCC Stingray. No idea what I'm going to do with it yet beyond tearing it down, cleaning it up and doing something about that paint!

I know this frame divides opinion, not actually sure about it myself, but getting something funky to work on in the UK is always good, seems to be these things or a Bratz cruiser!

Had to pick it up by train which was somewhat snug, probably not the ideal commuter bike!

whoa.. this has been around the block once or twice.
interesting colors.. o.e

I am the passenger, and I ride and I ride...

Makes a change from the usual spider's nests!

Turns out the white and blue were sticky-back plastic:

Unfortunately the sticky-back plastic was over all the holes in the frame:

Not sure what these were doing, they look like a later addition?

Last edited:
Those U-bolts may holding the bottom triple tree in place mate, be careful removing them. If they're needed, try spinning them 180 degrees for a cleaner look.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cheers, will have to have a look at that. Looking at the thing I get the impression the fork legs are bent, probably been front-ended at some point, may explain both.

just got rid of one of these sunday, still have parts laying about from mine!
hope you didn't pay too much for this example!

Latest posts

Back