Riding/Grease Monkey outfits

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just picked up a "Petro" gas labeled service coveralls the other night to work and ride in,
not overly thick like Carhaart [sp?]In dark blue.
I keep deciding to work on something when Im in my decent Von Dutch or other good clothes,
so I decided to get some mechanic scrubs to work in.
[pics on request due to not having taken any for posts yet]

Do any of you fellas suit up to work or ride? If so, Let see em!
FZ​

I know @Double Nickle has some nice vintage work/ride wear...
I usually wear an RRB shirt while riding, I have to stop buying only black ones though, gets too hot in summer!

Luke.

I saw a few shots of his workspace with the dressed mannequin, very cool its the whole outfit. Someones got a complete 60's shell uniform hat and all for like 350 on evilbay. [cries!]

I didnt know they made RRB shirts in more than just black?
I might have to get me a green one of them for rides with the Eyeball on it :p

Had a size XL when I was like, fourteen I got at a GoodWill of all places..thought it was cool then too I guess, but I looked like a midget in a diving suit wearing that XL at the time, haha!

FZ

I typically wear a black "A shirt" and jeans when I'm wrenching; got grease on too many shirts that mattered too much to get greasy. As for the jeans, I don't mind a grease smudge on some old jeans, but it kinda kills the vibe with khakis and stuff.

For riding, I tend to dress for my destination and the weather. I wanna make sure I'm not going to be hot nor cold, but I also wanna make sure I'm not out of place once I get where I'm going (work, party, pub, whatever) so I don't really consider the bike itself in regards to the clothing.

It's cold out here nowadays, so I tend to wear a hat with ear coverage, a warm jacket, some gloves (I got some awesome OD index trigger mittens at the Army/Navy), goggles, etc. Seems obvious, but ppl think I'm nuts for riding in the teens with snow.... but if you're prepared, it's no biggie.

I typically wear a black "A shirt" and jeans when I'm wrenching; got grease on too many shirts that mattered too much to get greasy. As for the jeans, I don't mind a grease smudge on some old jeans, but it kinda kills the vibe with khakis and stuff.

For riding, I tend to dress for my destination and the weather. I wanna make sure I'm not going to be hot nor cold, but I also wanna make sure I'm not out of place once I get where I'm going (work, party, pub, whatever) so I don't really consider the bike itself in regards to the clothing.

It's cold out here nowadays, so I tend to wear a hat with ear coverage, a warm jacket, some gloves (I got some awesome OD index trigger mittens at the Army/Navy), goggles, etc. Seems obvious, but ppl think I'm nuts for riding in the teens with snow.... but if you're prepared, it's no biggie.
Just got some triggers myself, a friend of the family passed on to me christmas of '13.

I can understand dressing for the occasion, and I tend to factor in the bike more to what Im wearing,..depends entirely on my mood to be honest. I dress how I feel.. some sunny days I'll throw on bellbottom denims and hop on the Otasco, others mean a collared shirt, vest, riding slacks and the lot for the Columbia. Due to weather, Im not always so picky, but I do put fashion before much comfort.

Summer time it's cargo short's and hawaiian shirt's, Winter time it's cargo short's hoodie pullover sweatshirt if it's cold. Hey I live in So. Cal. what can I say.

Latest posts

Back