49ers bike/occ schwinn chopper bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
started off with some bead rolled pieces to be placed on the main frame gusset and where the rear wheel mounts.

I didn't like the tiny little front fender it came with so I made my own

than the tank

all ready to be TIG welded up.

TIG time!

ready!

than mig welded the bead rolled pieces in

I tried this til I decided to retire the seat altogether.

than I fabbed up this seat. Much cleaner looking.

than I made a bracket for it.

exactly the look I was going for. I love how the spring seems pretty massive.

I liked the rear fender so I made this little badge thingy which will be riveted to the fender.

than I created these little cuffs to match the square pattern that was elsewhere.

welded in

a little stitch work I did but later decided I wanted the seat to have the suede lace too.

the puncher mangled the edges a little bit but massaged it back after.

seat done with flags mocked up to just get an idea.

nutserts in case I wanted to go no flags for the day.

than I made this piece so I can put a main logo on it.

I'll use panel adhesive to adhere this when it's all painted.

than it was time to finish up the helmet/tank with some more gimmicks.

used the old fender brackets and tacked them in place. I also took off the stupid peg part so it's just a fender bracket and nothing more.

something needed to be done about this rear bracket!

the rear fender looks so much cleaner now and rides closer to the tire so it matches the front better.

hidden brackets

last minute issues... The bars were moving so I drilled straight thru them and tapped the lower clamp. Test rode it to ensure
the bars were in the right place.

now the fun part....stripping chrome. Had to do a lot of this by hand where the tools wouldn't fit and had to use an angle grinder to wire wheel the welds to get the shiny chrome off. Confident paint will stick now. just a little body work and it gets 2k urethane primed. Can't wait to see what it looks like in primer.

Did a little photoshopping to see what it would look like and to finalize the colors. I'm going with the red frame version but do love the white bike too.

more pics to come...

That is truly a labor of love there Mr. S :) Well done :thumbsup: looking forward it's completion!!!

That is truly a labor of love there Mr. S :) Well done :thumbsup: looking forward it's completion!!!
thanks. I gotta admit though, I went waaaay overboard on the little gimmicky things, but this is a learning experience for me when it comes fabrication. An experienced fabricator could get a better look by doing less. So I'll learn from it and try to gain that eye they have moving forward.

thanks. I gotta admit though, I went waaaay overboard on the little gimmicky things, but this is a learning experience for me when it comes fabrication. An experienced fabricator could get a better look by doing less. So I'll learn from it and try to gain that eye they have moving forward.
Learning is good; it seems to me that from a fabrication standpoint, you are well on your way; stay focused and know that, there is nothing wrong with going waaaay overboard!

San-Francisco-49ers-Logo.png

Learning is good; it seems to me that from a fabrication standpoint, you are well on your way; stay focused and know that, there is nothing wrong with going waaaay overboard!

I

don't worry, I'll break it up with some stickers that say 49ers on them so every darn thing doesn't say SF. Yeah, you can say I have some SF pride.

Nice work! I was impressed with all the embossed metal parts you made!

it's super easy with a bead roller and embossing dies. It does leave marks you'll have to go back over with a little filler/primer if you don't have the super expensive mitler/baleigh rollers with the plastic dies. The seat and tank were a lot harder but love what's possible with a bead roller.

that's where I'd be too cause the prices for tickets are out of this world. I knew I should have attached a mini keg.

Yes they are, I would know. I have been a season ticket holder for well over 25 years. The cost of moving over to Santa Clara was a tough one to swallow for a lot of people, I just wish they could have put that thing where Candlestick was.

Yes they are, I would know. I have been a season ticket holder for well over 25 years. The cost of moving over to Santa Clara was a tough one to swallow for a lot of people, I just wish they could have put that thing where Candlestick was.

nice. Then you know all about the history of the team and how we should have drafted Aaron Rodgers. My butt still hurts over that but today I say GO GREEN BAY!

it's super easy with a bead roller and embossing dies. It does leave marks you'll have to go back over with a little filler/primer if you don't have the super expensive mitler/baleigh rollers with the plastic dies. The seat and tank were a lot harder but love what's possible with a bead roller.

Sweet, With the right tools and a good imagination a person can do a lot!

Latest posts

Back