☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look really good!
Luke.

Thanks Luke
WP_20150520_20_10_07_Pro.jpg

looking good there king definitely has that show car vibe
i picture you riding that to the styx song sailing away (i don't quite know why :D)

One suggestion I have is that you should turn the gooseneck around
I think it would match that ingenious seat post
plus as it sits now i think it kind of takes away from the "nose cone"

looking good there king definitely has that show car vibe
i picture you riding that to the styx song sailing away (i don't quite know why :D)

One suggestion I have is that you should turn the gooseneck around
I think it would match that ingenious seat post
plus as it sits now i think it kind of takes away from the "nose cone"

Thanks buddy. If it was a Styx song it would probably be something with more beat to it from Pieces of Eight like Great White Hope, Renegade or Blue Collar Man.
I don't plan to use this stem at all. I think I even have an Art Deco stem I may use. I'll toy with flipping it. I agree completely that the current mock up detracts from the hood scoop so I want to pull the bars back and up away from the scoop. I appreciate the feedback!

Thrift Store Chair Bars - Well I actually have a different set of bars in transit but as I was in the thrift store today, I saw this chair and the gears started turning. So I bought it and cut it up.
View attachment 10489 View attachment 10490

The funny thing is these are almost just like the bars I have coming to me. I'll use a different stem though.

View attachment 10491 View attachment 10492
View attachment 10493 View attachment 10494 View attachment 10495 View attachment 10496 View attachment 10497 View attachment 10498
I like that from the top view where you can see the bars with the double top tube clearly...I can see I am going to have to think out of the "BO-X" for next year's build...a cane chair as a parts bin, wow.

Ever since I got the Elgin headtube shroud and added the hood scoop, I have been thinking about streamlining. Part of my inspiration for this style of bars came from remembering this set that I missed on the sale section and the old pacer motorcycle they used to use in bicycle races.
2013-11-06_047_zpsag8siarc.jpg
Anzani-motorcycle-pace-bike-jpg.jpg

WP_20150520_20_10_17_Pro.jpg

Ever since I got the Elgin headtube shroud and added the hood scoop, I have been thinking about streamlining. Part of my inspiration for this style of bars came from remembering this set that I missed on the sale section and the old pacer motorcycle they used to use in bicycle races.
View attachment 10509 View attachment 10510
View attachment 10511
Do you have grips yet? Those "bullet style"(?) on that other bike would really fit the bill-d....

Do you have grips yet? Those "bullet style"(?) on that other bike would really fit the bill-d....

Yeah, torpedo grips would look great, but these are 1" bars and I have only seen 7/8 torpedoes. I do have a set of 1" red metalflake coke bottle grips.
$_57 (1).JPG

Did you do like I did, and buy two sets of motorcycle grips for another project, and end up with a pair of unused 1" (throttle side) grips laying around?

EXACTLY. Now I am glad that I did. :D
I love it when a plan comes together.

Did you do like I did, and buy two sets of motorcycle grips for another project, and end up with a pair of unused 1" (throttle side) grips laying around?
Back in '87, when I bought my first mtn bike, I hated the grips that came on it. One day I happened in the local motorcycle shop, and found some nice, thick, large patterned grips I loved...in red! So they matched my bike! Got home, one fit fine, the other was way too big....I had no motorcycle exp. but it soon dawned on me it was likely for the throttle side...went back and bought another pair right away! That company was Oury, and about 2 yrs later, they were making mtb specific grips. Still use them today!

This bike is looking better and better. I love the way you did the seat post reinforcing and I think visually it goes with the front shroud, kind of a reverse angle set complementing....
Those bars Look Great on there, and the fact you saw them in a chair at a thrift store...Bravo. I'm stealing that there idea sometime for sure...

This deco stem that I have may work for me.
deco2.jpg

Yeah it's a great stem but the shroud is better in my opinion....

I don't think I'll find a stem that is as sweet as the shroud, but I still need to get ones that plays well with the overall look.

I need to take a look at my chainrings and cranks this weekend. I want a cool sprocket that I can see the BB shroud through.
Might use this Monark one. Anyone have any ideas on cool non-skiptooth sprockets that would work?
monark000_0001-26.jpg

Latest posts

Back