2 stroke madness whos really the best builder?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think this is my first post , i have 4 or 5 gas bikes 2 basic china girls 66ers a goofy but cool rear mount pocket bike motor chain drive . and i bought a bike from a guy in WI. and a 212 honda clone called "suicycle" based off a 1950s roadmaster....i love it , i keep making it better . guy did a good job but ive built bikes in our bike shop since 1980....
ok enough about me ...heres my question , whos the better motor builder ? and wheres the smart money spent ....i want powerful and reliable ...we all like to go fast . i guess the key is balancing the low end? milling and drilling balancing the crank then porting and polishing the jug and pinching the head ...well that all sounds good i understand most of it ...
so the first guy i bought a motor from was dax , Duane talked to my dad and my dads sold on his builds , we built 2 bikes for guys the dax motors work well ...we just got the basic 66 and 49 cc from him but i want more he has a step up little evil and its only around 240 dollars for the evil w/carb and rear gear.
are the motors from the big box places any good bike berry etc.....
whos next jakes then arrow then freds and cr machining ...
id like to spend 3 to 500.00 on a motor if i need to spend 600 tell me why , im really confused so many differences also has the customer service to match the kick ... build ..
hears what im building , i just got a worksman frame sand blasted, thanks to rrb i got the frame from a guy here for 70 bucks ,
id like to do the 80/66cc motor, a jackshaft set up , i have the wheels being laced up as we speak, George from C & G ...hes lacing nos schwinn s2 rims 105 guage spokes and the nexus 8 speed with roller brake got the hubs from ebay for a hundred bucks,
i hope i can use the worksman with the jackshaft , motor heighth issues...if not i have a 50s schwinn paperboy bike dying to go fast .
so again thanks for letting me share ,
so what the heck motor would you guys go with and why ?
dion

9c4927c38c0461e5203cc390f1e38777.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Im trying to load more picks but taptalk keeps failing to load.

I bought the dax little evil , figured his bottom end would be a good start , ill get porting and stuff from jake or some other guy

You won't beat the service from Dax. The big box stores are just that. I build performance motors based on the motors imported by U-moto. He is in the process of setting up a web store and I will be doing performance top end kits and motors for that site. For big power your right Fred or Arrow but it will cost you more than a KTM clone. The China motors are special in their own way though. If you want budget performance message me I would be glad to help.

The simple answer is: Whoever you like the best.
These Chinese two stroke engines are never going to break new frontiers in tuning or power. Who cares who got 1/57th of a horsepower more than someone else? Anything over 35 is fast on a bicycle. Period.
Spend your cash on the stuff you like best and leave the racing to the Morini's unless you like rebuilding motors a LOT.

Latest posts

Back