(BOTEN) "OUTLAW" ...Withdrawn from the build-off...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
welcome back Luke.
I am sure that the build is a healthy distraction.
keep up the great work!

Forgot to mention, considering a colour change and the addition of an extra discbrake to the front wheel as well... Plenty still to happen and see on this build! :crazy2:

Now where did I put that twin cable front brake lever??? :39:

Luke.
Just ordered a mirror pair of brake callipers for the twin disc front set up, going to try and make a single cable to twin cable splitter that will also have a quick release included to make the forks easily removable for transport and allow standard style levers...

18805583794_f6bd693e44_o.jpg

Not name brand callipers, fairly cheap ones, but unless you want to spend $$$'s for a mirrored pair this is the only option... I have used them in the past and they work well, the pads wear out a bit faster than name brand ones, but from memory Avid pads are a direct replacement...

Luke.

Thanks bfelt, cool idea!

No progress to show today, but I did head out and buy a whole bunch of steel, bolts, washers, nuts and nylon sleeves for the fork and springer set up, so progress should be good when I get to it.

Got some stainless steel cap head allen key bolts that will hold the fork to the stem, should look really nice!

Luke.

Sorry for the rubbish pictures, these are from my phone that has seen better days. Just not up to doing videos at the moment...
Cut of my last effort at the drive side dropout and made this new one from an old Bratz bike sissy bar and some steel plate:
19215049890_ee4f4589e2_z.jpg

The drivetrain is mostly done at this point:

18782026073_5b18697d1a_z.jpg

19402650385_ea4c165f2b_z.jpg

Started on the forks, only got as far as extending the threadless fork tube by 2" to suit the extra long headtube, but now I have a place to start next time:

18782026163_a03712fefc_z.jpg

I probably will not be using that bar clamp, will probably make up something that mounts the bars and the top of the forks more cleanly.

Also thinking about a change to the frame that I want to make next time, it will lose me half a day to do it, but should flow better...

Luke.
I'm really liking the mechanical and industrial look of this bike. All those tubes are going to look great once painted.

Nice to see you back in the race , hopefully is will be some mental therapy...[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the lack of progress people! Sorry also for not checking in your builds for a while...

Build work is on hold at the moment, having a few personal issues, including the death of a close friend with cancer, I really have not felt like building at all...

Progress will happen eventually, I will keep you updated, but making the deadline with a completely finished bike is probably not going to happen.

Luke.
I completely understand where you're coming from. Just went through that with my Grandfather. It truly sucks and you have any support from me if you need it. Hope you can make it but if not, no worries. Truly sorry about you loss.

Some extra pics from today:

Had to extend some curved tubes cut from old handle bars, so sleeved them with some smaller tube saved from the two chairs I cut up for "Mad Maxine"

19301642830_3e42edb27c_z.jpg

Joined them to the stem to create the "Headstock' and started working on the fork leg joints:

19303076719_6f9451bd36_z.jpg

19301640768_bed0432806_z.jpg

Bottom joins where the pivot will be:

19493556551_fa08c4fa41_z.jpg

These are the stainless cap bolts that will join the fork legs to the headstock when it is all done, they will recess into those tube ends:

19301642580_0c00070d4d_z.jpg

Luke.

Latest posts

Back