☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to play around with the top bar spinning turbine again.
I still have to work out the axle mount that would be hidden inside the shroud. This unit would float between the twin bars and can spin.
WP_20150716_20_05_49_Pro.jpg
WP_20150716_20_06_17_Pro.jpg
WP_20150716_20_06_40_Pro.jpg
WP_20150716_20_10_15_Pro.jpg
WP_20150716_20_14_40_Pro.jpg

Here is a video of the turbine.

No room to route the speedo cable here, but that does open up some ideas for future builds. I can't remember anyone using a speedo cable to run something else than a speedo before. Hmmmmmm.:39:

You could put a chrome bowl under it and scramble eggs. Then run a generator to power an electric skillet and a toaster. Call it the verboten break fast Boulevard bruiser. Or just Dennys. But you'd need to cook ham or bacon too. Theres still time.

Ever since I decided on red wheels and white walls early on for this build, I have been wanting to paint it turquoise.
Here is the test paint and a computer mock up. There will be white and red accents to. I am not using any fenders on the build.

WP_20150715_19_12_22_Pro.jpg

torquise white skirt guard.jpg

A flat turquoise? I think a deep metal flake would just explode off this bike. Fantastic work thus far!

Actually it's Gloss Seaside from Rustoleum.

The other paint I tried but like as much was a Satin Sea Glass from Krylon.

WP_20150715_19_12_54_Pro.jpg

I am a rattle can guy and I haven't found a good metal flake that I can get locally. I don't want to pay the Roth price and then find out I don't like the color.

I really like the metallic orange-ish Sienna Mist from Rustoleum, but I don't think the color would work with the candy red wheels.

Rust-Oleum-sienna-mist-spray-paint.jpg

Actually it's Gloss Seaside from Rustoleum.

The other paint I tried but like as much was a Satin Sea Glass from Krylon.

View attachment 11905

I am a rattle can guy and I haven't found a good metal flake that I can get locally. I don't want to pay the Roth price and then find out I don't like the color.

I really like the metallic orange-ish Sienna Mist from Rustoleum, but I don't think the color would work with the candy red wheels.

View attachment 11906

Have you ever tried the rattle can glitter you can get at home improvement stores?
I really should post a pic of the moped I've been working on. The stuff comes in a bunch of colors,just put down a base coat then the glitter and clear coat. Wet sand with 30000 grit. Smooth and sparkly.

Here is one of the cars that I have been flipping back to for inspiration during the build.
1949 Delahaye 175 S Saoutchik Roadster
666c00de58eb29744224cc57f31f22bf.jpg

delahaye.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful place you got . I now have a new friend in savannah lol [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everytime I look at paint that Sienna Mist is the first thing I see, stands out big time

I know. It reminds me of Schwinn Coppertone. Someone needs to use it on a bike!

Latest posts

Back