(BO-X) RAMCHARGERS Drag Bike (Finished, last detailed pictures)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brakes on and brakes off!:banghead: Seems I didn't grind it enough to clear. Back off to the grinding.
DSCN1131.jpg

DSCN1132.jpg

Awesome build man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Looks like your derailleur hanger might be pushing your wheel too far forward?
Yeah, the hanger does push the axle forward more than I like. Easier to modify the caliper than the frame at this point.

Working a little on a different area on the bike tonight. Time to get the shifting sorted out. This is the one area I didn't focus on during the mockup mainly because I lost a few weeks trying to source another frame.
I have this old Sun Tour 5 speed shifter that's kinda rough. I cleaned it up a bit and decided it was just too plain looking. I took a piece of sissy bar tube and bent it, cut about 2 inches of 3/8 threaded rod and JB Welded it in, then added a HURST Pistol-Grip shifter handle to it.
I will be shocked if I get finished on time. There is so much left to do and on a good note we found another house to rent so we will be moving at the 1st of the month too. We have been packing all week. New house is less than 3 miles away. We were able to keep the boys in the same school district and that is a big relief knowing that we don't have to deal with changing schools.
DSCN1139.jpg

DSCN1134.jpg

DSCN1140.jpg

DSCN1141.jpg

Congrats on finding a new place. Get life done,and finish your bike when you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read this build from start to finish,awesome build,the shifter has done it for me,it screams HELLO,I am glad you stuck with the drag theme,if I were building it as soon as those forks went on I think I would have extended them as hi as possible and turned it into a wild 70's chopper,but this is a great build and great ideas,I'm gona see if I can get that decal paper as I hate stickers

Sent from my VF685 using Tapatalk

Another item I overlooked during mock up, the chain ring is the wrong size. I need a 1/2"X3/32"er.

More progress on the panels and some decal work. I cut the side panels out of stock plastic 24" sheet using a jig saw with a fine tooth blade. Cut fast because the plastic will weld back to the sheet after the blade passes. Not a big deal it is brittle and just snaps off. Clean them up with 600 grit and then 1000 grit. Prime and paint. I'm mounting them with 8/32 round head allen screws. I marked my panel and drilled them out then held them on the top plate with packing tape and drilled into the top panel just deep enough to line up the holes. I disassembled the panel from the frame and finished drilling them about 3/16" past the length of the screws. Next I followed through with a taping bit.
DSCN1171.jpg

DSCN1172.jpg

DSCN1174.jpg

I measured my decal sheet and cut the stripes 4mm wide for the top panel. The side panel stripe is 6mm. Now I have to set up the positioning for the decals I made. I made the decals with my computer and printed on Ink Jet white water slide decal paper. Set up the printer to high quality print setting. Wait 24 hours for them to dry then I coated with Ace Hardware brand clear gloss enamel. Valspar makes a clear gloss that works well, too. I let those dry for 24 hours as well.
DSCN1175.jpg

DSCN1176.jpg

DSCN1177.jpg

DSCN1178.jpg

Those look good , race ready ! Love the hurst shifter ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back