MotoDromo Special II... cutting it close.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Well I cut that one a little closer than I would have liked, but better late than never. I have to admit I kinda burned myself out getting the bike done for last weeks Shiny Side Up show, and this week I was swamped at work. So instead of some subtle paint I went with some sticker bombing;) With the race look I was goin for I think it worked out pretty good.

That being said, I want to apologize for not commenting nearly as much as I would have liked on all your awesome builds and threads during this build off. It was a very busy few months at work and I put a ton of time into this bike and was simply too tired/lazy by the time I would upload my progress at night. So I want to thank all of you for liking and commenting on my thread and encouraging me along the way:thumbsup:

Cheers!

I can only Imagine the hours that went into this build not to mention the hours just thinking about how to do it ! It looks great and the bare metal look is cool and no paint to chip , I like it ! I would buy a plane ticket to take it for a spin , just kidding ! But it is wicked cool great job I bet you could use a vacation now !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is one of my three choices.
Well done,looks and sounds amazing. I've never had a motorized bike run or sound like this.

Im voting for it, soon as i saw it at shiny side. Its stunning and the level of detail is just over the top. The bar has been raised

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

This is such a rockin piece of pure sexy machinery!!!!
Loved following your skillful build from the start
Love the video
Love the myriad of details (especially the exhaust pipe made from handlebars)
This stylish beast is so sexy it deserves a XXX rating.
CONGRATS!!!!

I can only Imagine the hours that went into this build not to mention the hours just thinking about how to do it ! It looks great and the bare metal look is cool and no paint to chip , I like it ! I would buy a plane ticket to take it for a spin , just kidding ! But it is wicked cool great job I bet you could use a vacation now !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha how right you are, I almost forgot what the sun looked like:rolleyes: And you'd be more than welcome to take it for a spin, thanks!:thumbsup:

You did something that many of us can only dream of doing…this is an amazing build!

Thanks! I really put my heart and soul into this one, an homage to a life long love of racing and vintage motorcycles. And on a surprisingly small budget:grin:

Great design & execution. The seat & sheet metal work are standouts.

Thanks:thumbsup: Like I said somewhere in my build thread, from the get go I was trying to make a pedalable motorcycle instead of a motorized bicycle:crazy:

If this doesn't get votes...Send it to me!! RATDICULOUS!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Haha thanks! :grin:

amazing job on the design and fab work.. it looks so tough!!

Thanks! Stance is big for me so I tried lots of aggressive lines:aggressive:

This is the coolest bike! You did an amazing build here. :41:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is one of my three choices.
Well done,looks and sounds amazing. I've never had a motorized bike run or sound like this.

Thanks Falstaff:thumbsup: You've actually really helped me stay motivated towards the end of the build while I was getting a bit burned out. Thanks for all the kind words:blush: And thanks for the vote:113:

ZOOOOOM!!! :41:

More like BRAAAAAAAAPPPP!!! :grin:

Im voting for it, soon as i saw it at shiny side. Its stunning and the level of detail is just over the top. The bar has been raised

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Thanks bud! I just wish I had time to really finish it for the show. And thanks for the vote:thumbsup:

Haha thanks:grin::grin:

You got my vote man, Your welding so tight compared to my Sea gull poop welds. And I love the retro style!

Thanks for the vote:thumbsup::grin: But I'm just lucky I have access to a really good gas welder at work...

This is such a rockin piece of pure sexy machinery!!!!
Loved following your skillful build from the start
Love the video
Love the myriad of details (especially the exhaust pipe made from handlebars)
This stylish beast is so sexy it deserves a XXX rating.
CONGRATS!!!!

Thanks Kingfish:thumbsup: I really had a blast building it. I guess the years of trolling sites like BikeExif finally paid off.

Not to sound like a Sandow,but....

You're Welcome.

All seriousness though,I do really like this bike. And I think you have motivated me to do a motorized build of my own, just have to make the time between work and school.

Sweet build. I wish I could weld this world would be 10 times more awseome . Is that a haro sprocket? Fusion actually? ?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Not only a motorbike, but it's the first one i've seen in ages that isn't either a direct Indian or early Harley tribute...

(Not that I don't love Indians and Harleys, mind you :oops: )

In other words, LOVE IT!!

Not to sound like a Sandow,but....

You're Welcome.

All seriousness though,I do really like this bike. And I think you have motivated me to do a motorized build of my own, just have to make the time between work and school.

Haha thanks. You should definitely build a motorized bike, I built my first one while in college in my in my 3rd floor apartment kitchen. Rode it to class every day:thumbsup:

Sweet build. I wish I could weld this world would be 10 times more awseome . Is that a haro sprocket? Fusion actually? ?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Thanks, lol I cant recommend it more, definitely opens up a world of fun:crazy:. I got the sprocket from a broken mongoose bmx bike i got for 5 bucks at a yard sale JUST for that sprocket. Ive never seen one before so I had to get it...

AWESOME build,love it,fun vid too

Not only a motorbike, but it's the first one i've seen in ages that isn't either a direct Indian or early Harley tribute...

(Not that I don't love Indians and Harleys, mind you :oops: )

In other words, LOVE IT!!

Thanks! Ha ive already done the Indian tribute:rolleyes: Ive always wanted a sweet cafe racer too, so i went for a small one:grin:

Latest posts

Back