multiple bicycles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 8 or 9 that I ride regularly,and about 10 more that are when the spirit moves me kind of riders/future projects. Everything else is for parts or projects.
I do have an old rust holed,bent schwinn frame that just kinda hangs on the wall because it's to far gone. I found it in a cluster of tree roots sticking out of a river bank.

Ride a different one each day.:grin:
I get the concept, but for some reason I pick favorites. My current ride is this Schwinn Cruiser Four...
Schwinn%20Cruiser%204%20008%20web_zpsdua0wnt3.jpg

I just love everything about it, gearing, seating position, looks. And Its the only bike I own that is perfectly quiet, no squeaks, groans or rattles. :)

LOL....

I am planning out my next build. I have a built in cabinet that the previous owners installed. Little does my wife know that they are just about full of parts and do-dads. I already have two, my motorized one and my rat. Then another that was used for parts that is just sitting in the corner.

The garage gets tight with two cars, snow blower, lawn mower, kids bike, wifes bike, and other assorted "stuff". May have to get some hooks and hang them from the ceiling.

Said I'd never have any inside the house. Just counted 6 in 2 rooms and have 3 in the garage, and 4 in an outside shed. These are my keepers. I have a pile of junk bikes for those little parts that you can't buy, a ton of wheels, tires, and parts, and a few frames that may or may not see restoration. I have flipped more on CL than I can count, and looked at 2 garage sales for flippers today. (no luck). Sheryl is cool, some of these are hers, and as I told her, I've yet to list a bike that didn't sell. Flippers pay for the hobby for me.

He won't give or sell me anything, but looking at his stuff is sooo cool. I am working on him slowly. I told him I would do a restoration on one of his wooden wheeled bikes and he said he would think about it. That was last year.
I have a neighbor like that, he's into Model A's and has sever barns with all kinds of stuff. At 76 he is still hanging on to every nut and bolt. Bikes are a bit easier to store...unless you have 4000 of course:)

Said I'd never have any inside the house. Just counted 6 in 2 rooms and have 3 in the garage, and 4 in an outside shed. These are my keepers. I have a pile of junk bikes for those little parts that you can't buy, a ton of wheels, tires, and parts, and a few frames that may or may not see restoration. I have flipped more on CL than I can count, and looked at 2 garage sales for flippers today. (no luck). Sheryl is cool, some of these are hers, and as I told her, I've yet to list a bike that didn't sell. Flippers pay for the hobby for me.
I have a really big upstairs bathroom so I said, what the heck, a bike won't take much room...right? My wife disagreed...so I moved it to my game room....came home and my wife moved it into our walk in attic. The upside is that at least she diodn't toss it outside.

I've wondered about the guy that supposedly has 4000 bikes,I kinda wonder what the neighbors think.

I've wondered about the guy that supposedly has 4000 bikes,I kinda wonder what the neighbors think.
Years ago there was an old rundown farm house I used to pass when driving to Sault Ste. Marie and he had the ultimate in bicycle yard art. He had a cone shaped stack of bicycles taller than his two story house. I don't know how he stacked them? It was only there for a few years.

Without even trying I have accumulated a fair number of bikes and parts. Quite a few were given to me from various sources. Thankfully we have numerous buildings but I have kept the bike footprint relatively small. All the extra rims and wheelsets I have stacked on top of the laundry room in the attached garage or hung from the rafters. Loose parts I keep in plastic storage bins. However the front of the attached garage still has too many bikes parked side by side. The ones that need refurbishment, built, new homes...ect I plan to hang from the garage attic space when I can recruit some family help and feel up to the job. There are a few rider bikes in the unattached garage as well.

I have two old cars and a motorcycle in my garage...along with 15 bicycles! Then there's 4 in my crawl space and another 9 in an undisclosed location.

My wife asked me to tell a friend how many bikes I own. Both were VERY surprised at the number.

Currently, building a 10x14 shed to house my 2-wheeled projects so I can work on my 4-wheeled projects!! Check my IG feed or #10x14shed for progress pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im an addict sober 8 years 8 years ago I had one 78 mongoose ..now I have lost count well over 100, closer to 200 bikes ..theyre here at my house most are at my parents a 3 car garage with one car in it ...cant even walk in there ....way too many bikes . Few at a buddies house and 25 or so at our family bike shop in waukegan il.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I sold a cook bros a redline sq back and a robinson r gusset 5 years ago and paid my dads property taxes...its like a bank account .

I sold a cook bros a redline sq back and a robinson r gusset 5 years ago and paid my dads property taxes...its like a bank account .

Congrats on 8 years sober,I'm a recovered junk addict myself. 20 years in November,still drink beer but that's as strong as it gets.

Its cool you have places to stash your "money" and great that you helped your dad out. :rockout: Rock on brother.

Id love to see a pic of 20 years of collecting . Even better to see it in person ...like a living episode of pickers....
Thanks for the thumbs up ...rrb is part of my new addction to heavy weight bikes .

Id love to see a pic of 20 years of collecting . Even better to see it in person ...like a living episode of pickers....
Thanks for the thumbs up ...rrb is part of my new addction to heavy weight bikes .

I haven't been collecting for 20 years,I'm actually pretty new to the bicycle thing.But if you're in my area you're welcome to stop by to check out my garage.
I tried music and acting,but found that travelling was what I needed. I don't tramp around much these days,but I am jonesing to get back out there.

You are absolutely correct,RRB is addicting.

Only have had more than 1 bike for about 4 years. Anywhere between 15-25 at any time. Of those, I'd say there's usually about 6ish "keepers" the rest get traded/sold over time.

Latest posts

Back