1952 Schwinn Hornet - I put a fork in it this afternoon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is...The Crock Pot Alarm has sounded - My big fat caboose has already started to bend the seat post (that will make two in less than two weeks!) :oops:

Since the last photos posted in the Gallery Section, I've changed out certain components to the following:

Seat: Phat Cycles
Wheels: Electra Painted Aluminum
Chain Ring: Period Correct Schwinn
Handlebar Grips: Electra

Thanks to all for the good advice, I've since put 60 lbs. of air as suggested into the Fat Franks and it can finally get out of its own way. I have also secured a 22 tooth sprocket to put on the rear to make it easier to pedal and will make that change shortly. The Electra Wheels have also virtually eliminated the bulging of the Fat Franks...granted they aren't period correct, but they are far lighter and roll better than the OEM/your Garden Variety Steel Replacement wheels available everywhere because Electra mates them with great hubs packed to the gills with grease! :p

On to the next build...

Original Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8544

52-Schwinn-Final-3-BW.jpg

52-Schwinn-Final-1.jpg

52-Schwinn-Final-2.jpg

52-Schwinn-Final-7.jpg

52-Schwinn-Final-4.jpg

52-Schwinn-Final-5-BW.jpg

52-Schwinn-Final-6-BW.jpg

I'm guessing those tires are new? Where can I buy some? Really nice bike by the way. Thanks, Dean

Dean and xddorox, Thanks for your compliments!

I'm guessing those tires are new? Where can I buy some? Really nice bike by the way. Thanks, Dean

Dean, please see the email I sent to you as to where you can possibly get those tires...hopefully there are still some left.

Jimbo1959 said:
Dean and xddorox, Thanks for your compliments!

Dean, please see the email I sent to you as to where you can possibly get those tires...hopefully there are still some left.
Got it, thanks. Dean

Latest posts

Back