( MBBO#4 class 1 ) Mr. Meaner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I said I wasn't going to get in on this build , But hear I am better late then never . I was over worked & under payed on the last annual 2015 build off . To say the least I was burnt out on the bike ,my remodel business & restoring a camper . But after a break & a couple camping trips my battery's are recharged . Not to mention I ran across this bike for next to nothing , so it was a cheep start & the Phat frames are one of my favorite . It's a great muscle bike style & has a raked front fork so it's a mild chopper . I intend for this build to be fun with not adding to much pressure to myself. Muscle bikes are one of my favorites since I was a kid from the 70s . Well here he is Phat cycles frame
(
39315b18f0df3a8ef682b1f17943c2f2.jpg
MR. Meaner )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! Glad you came to join the party. Priest is awesome!

My first concert ever was Judas Priest on their Screaming for Vengance tour. It was '81 or '82. I was a sophomore and had school the next day. I'll never forget the walking out and started playing The Hellion and Electric Eye.

Here's a classic vid of one of my fav Priest songs.

another great Priest song that somebody put to an anti-drug commercial.

That frame is cool! Is that the same frame as your green bike muscle bike?

My first concert ever was Judas Priest on their Screaming for Vengance tour. It was '81 or '82. I was a sophomore and had school the next day. I'll never forget the walking out and started playing The Hellion and Electric Eye.

I saw J-P I couple times also about 86-88 they rocked back then the showers were general admission 10 $ to 15$ bucks what fun .
Yea it's a phat frame also . The green bike was one of the first editions USA made this one is China & it more of a chopper rake to the fork .

Should be perfect for a muscle bike. I'll bet we listened to the Turbo album almost every day in 1986. Good stuff.

Should be perfect for a muscle bike. I'll bet we listened to the Turbo album almost every day in 1986. Good stuff.
You bet I was at that one !!!!
This my be a China frame buy it will be America made when I'm done with it [emoji57][emoji106]
bbd6a2ea4f1c70510bfe75b0c02e7ae7.jpg

I was over worked & under payed on the last annual 2015 build off . To say the least I was burnt out on the bike ,my remodel business & restoring a camper.
I had the same problem G-Matt! I just pushed too hard for too long and lost all the fun of bike building along the way...

Glad you are in the Build-Off, great starting point, looking forward to seeing where it ends up!

Luke.

Took a little time this afternoon to take my grinder with a flap disc & grind the welds to get a smooth even finish . Be for I send this BAD BOY off to my neighbor Big Mike so he can have it sand blaster & shoot it with some Powder . I've got a wild color picked out for this one , stay tuned but it may be a few weeks before I see it again
465bac3b932690d28d230b1fa39b49c4.jpg
944d707d456be07f63873891932f7f39.jpg
6455e83611ac36b30db5d4f513685d8c.jpg
3ddeed0b0533ad9409d628b771af0319.jpg

One of my favorites albums of all time. I think theme fits the bike nicely :rockout:

A few miner up dates , this build is not really going to be over the top . I just want to try to keep it simple , fun ,comfortable & not overly expensive !
It's going to be more about cool color combinations . Cleaning up the parts I have with some ratel cans & some powder coat . Lucky for me the wheels were straight & true I will probably just re grease the bearings . They were already black so just gave them a fresh coat of paint , same with the stem & bearing cups . Of course I had to put some new rubber on it . To me that's what really makes the bike ! So I order some tires from my local bike shop ( Bobs bike shop) who always hooks me up with great prices & no shipping fees !
I ordered a Thick Slick 2.0 x 26 for the front & a Fire Ball for the rear 3.0 x 26 .
I just hope I can get the rear to fit between the frame .... I hope to have the frame back any day from powder .
Big mike is knocking this one out quick for me this time ! It's going to be all about the Disco glitter on this frame ...
d183512d6800b8c0762f933008f734ef.jpg
c6b0eed2dcf97300251aaa028a89d973.jpg
70191167cae3ad7485a029003e9dc8b4.jpg
bc9f47f1ceb6cb9df6b659def6fe0f69.jpg

Latest posts

Back