1920's Arnold Schwinn built Henderson Motobike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As found, 20's Arnold Schwinn built Henderson Motobike. Needs truss rods for a 28inch wheel. Handle bars and gooseneck look to from something else. But still a worthy start. Honestly first Henderson badged bike I have ever seen. I know of there motorcycles but never knew they had bicycles too. Any help will be greatly appreciated in restoring this one.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
Noice! Plenty of potential there, but that build will require skill, patience, and no small amount of luck--original parts won't be so easy to come by. That'll make the finished product all the more satisfying.

The paints so far gone that I think a repaint won't hurt the value much. I have a tank that might fit it from a Hawthorne Flyer but ultimately will need to scrounge one for this bike. It will be a challenge but worth every penny in the end.

https://oldbike.wordpress.com/1917-schwinn-the-world-motor-bike-model-1760/

"While other cycle manufacturers diversified into motorcycle and car production, Schwinn’s cycle division expanded rapidly. Schwinn bought Henderson to give the company a top motorcycle division, and also continued to dominate the bicycle market, with dozens of different badges, many reflecting the companies they’d taken over since the 1890s."

1932_schwinn_15.jpg

Awesome find !

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Update on the Henderson. Scrounged the bars, gooseneck, truss rods, and fenders. Still need a tank, long spring rear seat and a rear wood/clad wheel. Can anyone help?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back