The Power of Coca Cola

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this old Rollfast headbadge on ebay last week thinking it might look cool on my bike. I tried cleaning it a couple different way and got nowhere. Then I soaked it in Coke for 5 hours and look at it now. It just wiped clean.

2688579026_58e95abcaf.jpg

2688571816_a8ed9be65a.jpg

A little bit of Coke and some aluminum foil used as a scrubbing pad will do wonders on rusty chrome. Not to mention your teeth!!!

Wow I like that rollfast badge!

Yeah I didn't believe it but for those that read my post I was having serious issues with a race that wd40 would not budge and a friend suggested Coke! it seriously worked. I don't drink the stuff, but I am gonna seriously keep a few bottles on hand for cleaning bike parts! Best kept secret around. Cause you think "why would I use something like that, for that?"

Good idea!

Never put the two together but always remembered an old high school science teacher telling us that they use coke sometimes to clean the loose meat and material off study skeletons for institutions. :shock:

Wow. As of today. Im cutting my soda consumption by 90%. Why would I drink that? :shock:

jtdaddy said:
Wow. As of today. Im cutting my soda consumption by 90%. Why would I drink that? :shock:
i bet if ya soaked it in beer, hot water or even milk for 5 hours you would have had the same result.
i mean 5 hours in an acid bath and it didnt even lift the paint. :)
i tried using it to remove rust. nothing but a sticky mess and a waste of time.

Latest posts

Back