The Old Maid *name may change*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i woke up early this morning on accident, stared out my window and saw SUNSHINE!

finally a day i might be able to get some painting done.

hopefully i'll have some pics up by the end of the day :D

man i got lucky today, had just enough time to prime 2 coats and then get a good 3 coats on the frame

fleet_wing_006.jpg

its like a dark cherry red, or maybe a plum, or some sort of fruit. :p

right after the 3rd coat i heard thunder and then saw the clouds move in....

waited till the last second to have it dry then brought it inside now there is lightning hitting all around my house, i got lucky on this one :D

photo time PHOTO TIME!! :D:D

put another coat on today and some clear coat in the morning before class, came home during my break and assembled it to give you folks more of an idea on the look of the bike.

fleet_wing_007.jpg

fleet_wing_008.jpg

thats one shiny badge :p

obviously i havn't put the chaingaurd on or the crank and tires, i need to jet off to class tho so those will go on later.

:) :) :)

I'm glad you made it between the drops and lightning.I actually have decent weather just no free time I have to work between the time my daughter sleeps and my wife doesn't need my help and that darn 8 to 5 thing but I really like that color very classy lady. 8)

thanks for all the feedback i'm pretty frantic to finish this, but now i have to house sit for my mom who lives like an hours drive away and work and school, im not sure i will get everything done with this bike, i still need a tan seat and master link for the chain, wheels need to sanded and repainted over their hideous silver paint. so if i really cant get the time i may just slap the tires on it.
:x

we'll see tho :p

Latest posts

Back