More Rat Bikes than you could shack a stick at!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An old neighbour of mine used to collect bikes????????
mostly 30`s-50`s rodbrake types, few racers. He died early summer, so his collections up for sale at Auction tomorrow. I went down to see whats for sale????????????
Loads as you can see. Left a bid on a Penny farthing, but I think its going to go well out of my price range.

Loads of Shop message bikes

messagebikes.jpg

lineup.jpg

lineup1.jpg

rearview.jpg

And more outside??

outside.jpg

And a rusty real rusty one.

oldrusty.jpg

GOOD LORD!!!
I just hope those don't end up on a wall at some theme resturant.
-tj

We all knew he had a lot of bikes squirrelled away in different sheds n lockups all over, but I think it was a supprise to the family when they finally found them all??
The Auction sale starts today Wednesday 3rd at 2pm GMT, I can`t make it as I start work at 2pm!!! but i have my spies there and a few bids left. I will update you all later on prices etc.

Ok report from the Sale, Prices were very high?? for some odd reason, Average messagebike went for £160, Penny Farthing I though would go for £1300 went for £2600??? The Police bikes went for between £50-£120 (Exchange rate today is £1.00 = $1.76)
I have now a list of bikes, and price they went for. If anyones interested they include Rover-Aerial-Balmoral-New Hudson-Hercules-Rudge etc
173 bikes altogether was sold.

signcopy.jpg

Pennycopy.jpg

Mixtecopy.jpg

Minimessagecopy.jpg

messagebikescopy.jpg

Jnrcopy.jpg

ClaudButlercopy.jpg

Speechless... Sorry to hear about the old gentleman passing. Hope the bicycles [and such] all went to good homes. <snicker> Like texasbigjon said, "I'd love to get ahold of one of those messenger/advertise style bikes."

Clark

Latest posts

Back